litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre help please

jako999

Hi all my old York’s AD07 front and AD08 rear died a few months ago and I’ve been running a set of Toyo R888R which are very good tyres. I have had my other alloys refurbished and now want to get some new rubber for them but this is proving quit difficult, I can’t find any online supplier that does both the 07 and the 08 in fact they are getting hard to find in the correct sizes full stop. Am I looking at the wrong tyres these days?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant help on sizes but 08r have now been replaced with 08rs

i found this out when I ordered some for my mini a couple of weeks ago. Seems a lot of websites haven’t updated to the rs yet and just show the r as being out of stock...

The AD08RS is a slightly tweaked design to meet new regulations on noise, fuel consumption, and wet performance.  So basically the same tyre, but slightly less sticky.  The label shows 3-5 dB quieter and one notch better for rolling resistance.  Wet performance is still the same at B.  Whether there's enough difference to notice on the road is anybody's guess.

I think the AD07 is being phased out, and not replaced, for the same reason.  Probably only old stock now.

1 hour ago, jako999 said:

The problem they is they don’t do AD08 in the correct size for the front?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

You'll be fine running the 08R's in 205 width on the front if the wheels  will take them.  Running them on mine and the handling is great, even at slow speeds.

Archived