litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise S1 non starter

Rick Fry

Hi sorry if this has been coverered before. I have an S1 elise that wont start. I have fuel and compression but no spark. Changed the coil pack, distributer cap, rotar arm. I dont appear to be getting 12v to the coil but dont have a wiring diagram so finding it quite a challenge.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or any suggestions as to what this could be.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, have you checked the basics, battery condition, earths (g.box to chassis) and fuses? are other electrical functions ok?

I'm sure I downloaded a manual, if you cant find a wiring diagram I'll try and find where I saved it 🙂

12V to the coil should come from the main relay, in the MFRU.  Then the ECU gives it a path to earth.  So the MFRU is the big suspect.  The coil comes from big plug pin 8, brown and pink wire.  Note that there are two pins with brown and pink wires, and they're connected to each other internally.  If there is no power there, then look for the relay input on pin 6, brown wire, which comes from the maxi fuse.

Archived