litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus in the Peak - Group Leaders needed!

duncx

Hi everyone,

Hopefully it won't have escaped your notice that Lotus in the Peak is taking place on the weekend of 21st to 23rd June - less than 8 weeks to go!

We have need of a couple of additional group leaders for the runs on Sunday morning. This is a straightforward but very rewarding task, all you have to do is learn the route (with help from us of course!) and let up to 10 cars follow you on the day - it's that easy, there's no more work or organising for you to do!

Over the next few weeks and right up to the w/e before the event we will be running numerous 'training runs' from the Baslow and Ashbourne starts so if you are booked onto either of those (any pace will be ok) why not sign up and have a go at being a leader! :drive:

If you fancy it (or just want a bit more info) send me a pm or leave a reply on here and someone will get back to you sharpish.

Thanks folks :tup:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

We've had a couple of volunteers (thanks chaps :tup: ) but we still have room for a reserve or two.

If you fancy giving it a go leave a reply on here and someone will get back to you :)

Just over 6 weeks to go!  :clap:

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP!

We still have space for a couple of reserve leaders, which depending on the weather (dry & sunny = more bookings!) could easily turn into the real thing!

Although there is only three weeks to go until the LitP weekend that's still plenty of time to learn a route, which in itself is great fun!

Come on folks, join the team and have a go at being an LitP Group Leader :hug:

I MAY be able to help.  On crutches as the moment from a mountain biking accident, if I am able to get in my Exige in advance I’ll help. Mark me down to “ask if you are desperate”. I have booked Ashbourne/medium. 

19 hours ago, winthattt said:

I MAY be able to help.  On crutches as the moment from a mountain biking accident, if I am able to get in my Exige in advance I’ll help. Mark me down to “ask if you are desperate”. I have booked Ashbourne/medium. 

Thank you!

By the way Dunc is sorting some exclusive black LitP polos for all group leaders that don't already have one.  You can't buy 'em, you can only earn 'em!

23 hours ago, winthattt said:

Get yourself to a dealers and pick up an Exige V6 Auto - job's a carrot :tup::clap:

Thanks for the offer, if you think you will be ok for the day itself but you need time in between to recover I could show you round the route in an ordinary car, you could stick your gammy leg out of the window or something! :tup: :drive:

My improvement is pretty poor, have no chance of even getting into an Exige. I have had to cancel two track days as well. I’ll set next Sunday 16th as a mental deadline but it’s not looking good for attending let alone leading.  Must accept my age and stop chucking myself down hills on a bike.

Side note: NHS and Derby hospital have been brilliant. They keep calling me back for more tests and prodding so they certainly are being thorough. If you work in the nhs, thanks. 

Keith

Hope you improve soon Keith :tup: 

Anyone else who is reading this thread and thinking 'maybe I could lead a group?' please let me know!

We still have time to get you up to speed on either of the routes, the most helpful would be someone who's booked on Ashbourne medium but tbh we could work with anything!

Less than 2 weeks to go :clap:

Archived