Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

AD07 or AD07LTS2?

nickashton

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What elise do you have?

Assume you have 5.5 x 16 front wheels and currently have 175 x 55 x 16 AD07 tyres. Please correct if assumed wrong.

You should easily be able to fit 185 x 50 x 16

19 hours ago, Steve J said:

What elise do you have?

Assume you have 5.5 x 16 front wheels and currently have 175 x 55 x 16 AD07 tyres. Please correct if assumed wrong.

You should easily be able to fit 185 x 50 x 16

I have an early S2 currently with potenza all round. Am I right in thinking that the AD08 / AD08R aren't LTS.  Would that affect anything?  If not would go for the AD08 185 on the front. The more I research tyres the more it becomes a minefield!!

54 minutes ago, nickashton said:

I have an early S2 currently with potenza all round. Am I right in thinking that the AD08 / AD08R aren't LTS.  Would that affect anything?  If not would go for the AD08 185 on the front. The more I research tyres the more it becomes a minefield!!

You're correct, the AD08/08R's aren't LTS - but won't make that much difference tbh, if any.  I've run 08's for years and since Lotus now put A052's on I doubt they are LTS, and certainly the Ad08R's they put on the 260 Cup weren't :) 

LTS2 compound is very similar to AD08R

Currently running AD08R's on the 250 Cup for fast road, and they're fine.

I've run both lotus and non-lotus versions of the various tyres over the years. Even with track use I never found a difference. 

185 on the fronts of your S2 will make a nice difference to the inherent understeer especially if you've had the geo changed too.

Thanks Steve. I am now thinking AD08 all round. The only problem is I cannot find 185 AD08 for the front. Anyone out there been able to source them or does it fall for a combination of AD07 for the front and AD08 for the rear?  Just not sure on mixing tyres?  Thanks

Hmm. Looks like AD08R is 205 for the 16 inch wheel. Don't know why it came up 185 on my phone.

205 will be too wide for your 5.5 fronts I would have thought.

There is stock of the AD07 still so maybe that'll be your better choice.

Skinny front wheels on the early S2 were a right pain for tyre availability from my recollection. 

Archived