litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Member, coolant loss

Caligarinet

4 hours ago, Caligarinet said:

I’m guessing the reading from the OBDII socket will be brown sensor (ECU)...this matches the Stack Dash read out. 

Very little heat coming from heater. 

All good info, thanks. 

Definitely need to check my grounds anyway. Once I’ve worked out how to stop the alarm going off, every time I disconnect the terminal...

To stop the alarm going off you just need to ensure you disarm the alarm and then disconnect the battery before the alarm self arms again.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S2 now?  Well that simplifies things.  See what happens with the new sensor, then I don't know whether it is better to hope for a stuck thermostat or not because it is tricky to get at.

I had read that the S2 only used one sensor, but mine definitely has a black and a blue one fitted.

Im fully preparing for skinned knuckles and lots of swearing to change this thermostat. 😬

On 08/05/2019 at 06:52, Phil S1 said:

To stop the alarm going off you just need to ensure you disarm the alarm and then disconnect the battery before the alarm self arms again.

Thanks, will give this a try. 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Caligarinet said:

I had read that the S2 only used one sensor, but mine definitely has a black and a blue one fitted.

Im fully preparing for skinned knuckles and lots of swearing to change this thermostat. 😬

The pipework has two holes, so they had to put something in them both.  The blue one is not used for anything on the S2, although I believe it is an entirely functional sensor.

12 hours ago, Lithopsian said:

The pipework has two holes, so they had to put something in them both.  The blue one is not used for anything on the S2, although I believe it is an entirely functional sensor.

So I’ve just bought a replacement bung....oh well, doh. Good info as always. 👍🏻

Archived