Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Last drive.....

Dr H

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Steve J said:

You should have popped up to Blyton for the afternoon to remind yourself what a sc honda is like to drive on track. :)

And you should stop being such a cheapskate and buy yourself a full set of ZZR's :tongue2: 

37 minutes ago, Dr H said:

EFA

:lol: Steve buy a set of ZZR's, it's a great tyre and having been a big fan of 888's its near as damnit if not better. I use them on the R300, superb mate. 

8 hours ago, jonnyfox said:

:lol: Steve buy a set of ZZR's, it's a great tyre and having been a big fan of 888's its near as damnit if not better. I use them on the R300, superb mate. 

Oh FFS there was me convinced the ZZR had issues with not lasting that many heat cycles before going plastic as well as being more expensive than the R888R.

I do love the R888 compound, rated them better than the old AO48 I used to run, so others have said the R888R  is the same compound just different tread pattern. I'm still not decided :(

You’ll be back Leigh, I remember selling my second S1 in 2004 (to buy a rather average Boxster, in comparison) and at the time I couldn’t imagine having another Lotus, I thought it was out of my system.  A ten year gap followed but 15 years later and I’ve had 3 more 😳

Enjoy the Aston, I must drive the 5 miles up the road to come and see it - not to mention the Stratos.....

1 hour ago, Daveb99 said:

You’ll be back Leigh, I remember selling my second S1 in 2004 (to buy a rather average Boxster, in comparison) and at the time I couldn’t imagine having another Lotus, I thought it was out of my system.  A ten year gap followed but 15 years later and I’ve had 3 more 😳

Enjoy the Aston, I must drive the 5 miles up the road to come and see it - not to mention the Stratos.....

Cheers Dave. You're always welcome to come round. I still haven't seen your Exige!

Archived