litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Last drive.....

Dr H

...of the S2 today. Was over at Unit 4 having a new SC belt fitted ready for the new owner to collect the car on Saturday. Not really used it over the last 18 months but driving it a few times over the last week I've come to realise a few things:

1 - I will NEVER own a car this fast ever again. It is insanely quick, but completely docile when running around town and sitting in traffic.

2 - It's an incredibly sorted car. I spent years on upgrades and mods and have got it just right. Almost no noises and rattles, great ride quality and brilliant handling.

3 - I will probably miss it more than I realise, and should have used it more. I put abut 8000 miles on it in 10 odd years.....

26806670208_d7f8258ded_b.jpg

I was a bit worried Gav would have nothing to do now I no longer have a Lotus, but plans are already afoot for the Aston 😀.

Hopefully MLOC will still allow me to post now I'm Lotusless - well by 12pm on Sat I will be! I'll keep the Stratos build thread updated.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No noises or rattles!!!???? I just took my S2 K for its first outing since I bought it last October and I think it does more rattling and clonking than most the race and rally cars I've driven!! Sounds like I'd better start investigating and remedying........ I just took it they all did that 😣

4 hours ago, Dr H said:

...of the S2 today. Was over at Unit 4 having a new SC belt fitted ready for the new owner to collect the car on Saturday. Not really used it over the last 18 months but driving it a few times over the last week I've come to realise a few things:

1 - I will NEVER own a car this fast ever again. It is insanely quick, but completely docile when running around town and sitting in traffic.

2 - It's an incredibly sorted car. I spent years on upgrades and mods and have got it just right. Almost no noises and rattles, great ride quality and brilliant handling.

3 - I will probably miss it more than I realise, and should have used it more. I put abut 8000 miles on it in 10 odd years.....

26806670208_d7f8258ded_b.jpg

I was a bit worried Gav would have nothing to do now I no longer have a Lotus, but plans are already afoot for the Aston 😀.

Hopefully MLOC will still allow me to post now I'm Lotusless - well by 12pm on Sat I will be! I'll keep the Stratos build thread updated.

You’ll be back in a Lotus, we all come back at some point. Good to hear you’re still supporting Gav, great bloke! We need to support people like him. 

1 hour ago, MattyB said:

With the Exige clam, lowered height and OZ wheels it looks awesome. Hell of a car to let go.

To a fellow SELOC member I assume?

He is a SELOC member but not a regular poster.

8 minutes ago, The Cakes said:

You’ll be back in a Lotus, we all come back at some point. Good to hear you’re still supporting Gav, great bloke! We need to support people like him. 

Never say never. I might be back one day. Just checked and I've had the car a tad over 11 years!

Will always support Gav, not many around can do what he does.

15 hours ago, Broadside said:

No noises or rattles!!!???? I just took my S2 K for its first outing since I bought it last October and I think it does more rattling and clonking than most the race and rally cars I've driven!! Sounds like I'd better start investigating and remedying........ I just took it they all did that 😣

Lol!  It's time i did the same

23 hours ago, The Cakes said:

Probably a decent bloke then 😂

🤣   

Gav is bloody incredible, I cannot believe someone so knowledgeable and bloody lovely is on our doorstep.   

Yep. Latest case in point was changing the crank pulley on my car (as part of trying to track down a noise). Considered to be a PITA but doable. Some people talk of loosening engine mounts, other of special tools. Gav got it off with a big ring spanner and something to lock the flywheel. Took him about 10 mins :tup:

Well it's gone 😪

New owner drove off this afternoon at about 12:45 heading for the car's new home in Woking. I'm always dead nervous when I sell a car and have visions of something going wrong with it almost immediately. But have got a message to say all good and the trip back was uneventful.

So I'm now Lotusless for the first time in about 13 years.

Archived