28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Exige vs Elise 111S

Darren888

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/04/2019 at 21:54, Alex B said:

I'd try for a supercharged car if you can because that charger whine is mega. 

Good call.  The first time I got totally blown away by the whole Lotus bug was back in 2006 when I test drove a N/A S2 Exige and then an S2 Exige S.  I ended up buying the Exige S there and then, on the day!!

The difference between the two is massive and, like Mr B says, that supercharger whine is very, very addictive :-)))).

Just something else to thing about here. 

Ive owned several lotus elise's prior to the exige 2x standard rover Ks and a 111r.

I test drove a 111s(vvc) and compared to my normal non vvc rover car I found there to be very little difference speed wise even with an extra 40 of Longbridge finest horses in the 111s. I was actually a touch disappointed in the performance of it. This being because the s2 111s has a longer ratio box than that in the standard rover k car. 

The 111R was an absolute pleasure to drive. Almost refined round town at low revs then mental once you hit that 2nd cam. 

If you are local to Castle Donington I'm happy to take you out in my exige S. 

Archived