litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Plunging Clevis very distracting

MrWill

Hello there. Quick post in case this gumption trap presents itself to anyone else and this may be of help as the manuals are strangely poor on detail on the rear mounts.

So I took off the rear damper mounting points or 'clevis' as part of the suspension refresh. When I came back  to refit, the inner thread had dropped 3mm and I couldn't refit the bolts. 🤨 Hope you can see that in first pic. 

Tried all sorts of jacking various parts of the main and rear sub frame to no avail. The threads are a triangular ali block inside a triangular section. The answer was to fashion a pole to bypass the brake lines, fit inside the recess which can then be jacked up to realign the subframe hole with the threads of the block behind.

Couldn't see anyone else had  this issue when searching the forum. Hope this helps save someone else some head scratching 🤔

MrWill

DSC_0120.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0126.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had this exact problem when I did mine, totally pissed me off.  I snapped a bolt trying to tighten it into the dropped hole, then I drilled out the thread and totally knackered the block inside the rear frame.

Ended up buying an new block from Deroure, installed it using a cable router and string so I didn't have to remove the rear clam.  Sorted in the end but £80 worse off.

Archived