litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

I feel odd asking... but what do you wear on your feet?

99 Elise

I've been enjoying the dry roads a bit and blasting along happily, getting used to the car and what it can do. I have a super annoying squeak on the clutch pedal that I'm going to have to do something about.

Anyway, the reason for posting, I have size 10.5 feet, so not huge. I find my trainers catching neighbouring pedals, and to park my left foot on the rest, I have to "dodge" the clutch pedal.

Is this something you just get used to, or am I missing something?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 99 Elise said:

I've been enjoying the dry roads a bit and blasting along happily, getting used to the car and what it can do. I have a super annoying squeak on the clutch pedal that I'm going to have to do something about.

Anyway, the reason for posting, I have size 10.5 feet, so not huge. I find my trainers catching neighbouring pedals, and to park my left foot on the rest, I have to "dodge" the clutch pedal.

Is this something you just get used to, or am I missing something?

I wear puma driving shoes... Really casual looking just with a rounder edge on the heel. The only reason I bought them was for the caterham which is around half the footwell space of an elise / exige... 

suede puma speedcats for my size 11's - have 2 new unboxed pairs as they are fairly rare these days. slim toe and racing shoe rubber backed heel for comfort and stop you wearing the backs of your ordinary shoes out, oh and a pair of Tods loafers for if i actually go anywhere thats not car meet related in it.....

Size 12 here, and broad. I wear Merrell Bearfoot shoes. In fact they’re the only shoes that work for me in the Exige, others rub the steering column! 

Try some silicone spray on that clutch pedal hinge.

22 hours ago, Dr H said:

Converse All Stars - nice and narrow. No round heel like a proper driving shoe but and are just 'normal' trainers...

Same here, nice thin soles too so you can feel the pedal through them.

Lol I've just come back from Ice driving various aged pork on a frozen lake in Sweden (Åre), I wore walking boots! Seriously bloody walking boots and they were awesome. Loads of left foot braking. Crazy :lol:. Not sure that works in an Exige.....erm.....NOPE and certainly not an S1 but I can see how a pair of Converse would be ideal. Adidas for me, Samba, Gazelle, Munchen ect..

8 hours ago, DeanB said:

Excuse me OP.  Dean it's a box we petroheads all need to tick! Four of us including IanC did it with Tuthill Porsche same as Chris Harris and Henry Catchpole, have a look on YouTube. Incredible mate, incredible.  Expensive yes but worth every penny. Half hour drive from Åre staying in an AirBnb we were collected and dropped off everyday.  First day was technical but fun, second day we blasted around a 6k track snow ploughed atop the frozen lake from 9 til 3:30. No matter how many times we went off (lots) the guys rock up in seconds to drag you out to continue the fun, with a smile!  Max time in the cars, that's what they want for you and they encourage you to be as sideways as possible.  Hooning is a word that does not do the experience justice. The people who run it are awesome.  The cars were amazing and the fact I'm sideways getting it right and getting it very wrong smashing through snow banks in vintage Pork was just fantastic. I think I'll buy one some day and I'll be buying it from Tuthill. Get it booked. The end!  

Lol how excited do I sound 😀 You need to properly concentrate.

Archived