litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thinking of selling my S1 111s

Greg.g

Well pending funds and replacing the original number plate she is going to a new home:(

I wont say who the new owner is, but a true enthusiast so she should be well looked after. This happened much quicker than I  had anticipated. The thought of selling my elise had been lurking at the back of my head for the last couple of years. I knew that when I take early retirement it would not be very practical to keep 2 vehicles on the road and over the last 3 years she has only covered 2k miles. I know that for some this a lot, but for me it felt that she was not been used properly. the seed was planted.

So starting a new phase in life. I will still remain lurking on here even after purchasing a boring little "replacement". I have met some good people on here and consider them friends. A change of car wont change that. So ta ta from myself and Ali for now. By the way, she is gutted!

Greg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, we said our goodbyes to Lizzy this morning as she drove away with her new owner.

He is a member on here and i know she will be well looked after, but it's still hard parting.

Thanks again to all those that helped making our Lotus ownership so pleasurable over the years.

Maybe bump into some of you again in our boring hatchback.

Greg & Ali

1 hour ago, Greg.g said:

Well, we said our goodbyes to Lizzy this morning as she drove away with her new owner.

He is a member on here and i know she will be well looked after, but it's still hard parting.

Thanks again to all those that helped making our Lotus ownership so pleasurable over the years.

Greg & Ali

I'm sad guys I really am, but I hope you will come and see us at the LitP barbecue in Hartington in June.

On 27/01/2019 at 13:36, duncx said:

Peak District resident here :)

If you are looking at traditional cottages in the heart  of the Peak District then you are right that properties with drives/garages come at a high price :(Have you thought about looking in the Rowsley/Darley Dale/Matlock area for your new pad? It's the Peak District in all but name, you get more for your money and has much more mixed housing stock - i.e. houses with drives and garages!

Might enable you to keep the Elise :clap:

or just move to West Sheffield. This chappie is 1 mile up the road from us!

download.jpg

18 hours ago, Greg.g said:

Greg & Ali

Just read this Greg and have to say I have a little tear in my eye 😥

All the best to you and Ali hope to see you both sometime soon.

Russ

Well I have got my Boring Mans Wheels. Took it for a spirited drive round North Wales yesterday. Plenty of power, but it certainly ain't a Lotus. The "alive" sensation the Lotus gives you was absent, but still an involving drive. As a future sole car though, it was the right decision. Not looking to move immediately, but if the right property became available, it could be on. We will still keep an eye on MLOC. Plenty of freinds on here. If a little bloke in a black M135 gives you a wave then humour him:clap:

Greg

Archived