Sign in to follow this  
Smithy16

De cat or Not

Morning all,

I’m looking for some advise on what to do regards putting a de cat pipe on my 2006 111r. Currently it has the 2bular 6” back box on it with the TRD filter. How will the De cat effect the car. Will I see a drop or increase in performance ? Will it be to load ? Or should I just leave it as it is now?

Thanks 

Nathan

I ran one for a short period on an Exige S (same engine as yours but Sc’d) with an 8 inch 2bular.

It had zero impact on performance, did smell abit and occasional threw an EML despite running 1 and then 2 physical lambda cheaters.

It was comically loud though, with the 6 inch it would be mental...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just about to throw a elise parts silenced decat on my vhpd … They will smell more for obvious reasons but a silenced version hopefully will reduce the noise impact.

On 10/01/2019 at 12:52, lukevx said:

I ran one for a short period on an Exige S (same engine as yours but Sc’d) with an 8 inch 2bular.

It had zero impact on performance, did smell abit and occasional threw an EML despite running 1 and then 2 physical lambda cheaters.

It was comically loud though, with the 6 inch it would be mental...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, your video is just down the road from me 🙂 next time your down give me a shout (when its warmer) and I'll come down in the Elise!

A little bit more responsive and a little bit louder really, that's it in a nutshell on the 2zz NA.   I ran an ITG Maxogen, 2bular 421 and 6" back box with decat on my S2 NA. Drive by at Donington was 95db.  You'll only have a noise issue if you pop a teeny tiny exhaust on. 

When I changed my standard cat for a sports cat on my old s2 exige, most of the insides were missing from the original cat.  So if yours is the same it’ll probably not make much difference!