litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Any one with a K running a silenced decat?

kieranexige

Evening all, 

Im looking at options at the minute at trying a decat or silenced decat on the 190. I think out of the 2 from what I've read a silenced ep 4/5" is the way to go without ended up deaf? 

Is anyone running one that wouldn't mine me having a listen? 

I know allot depends on the rear box of which mines a magnex which lotus switched to after janspeed, but it will give me an idea without throwing £130 away. 

Kieran 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this helps Kieran but I was running a silenced decat on the black S160, with a Janspeed exhaust and ITG Maxogen induction.

Now running a full decat on the Scandal S160 with the same exhaust as the black one, but standard induction (airbox).    I much prefer this.   More drama (pops/bangs) but less noise in the cabin as I think a lot of it was coming from the induction roar in the black one.

Hope that makes sense - I think in terms of cabin noise, a lot depends on the induction perhaps, but happy to be corrected..

Cheers Guys,

I think a 4" silenced decat is the way to go as a start point. with the cone filter and itb's like you say its allot of the noise but coming from the r500 its a country mile quieter , not having a popping exhaust 12 inches from my right ear.

Archived