litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus in the Peak - kids?

GreyKnight

Hi guys

After getting my car back on the road last year I'm hoping to attend a few events this year (otherwise it won't get used yet again).  I'm seriously considering coming to Lotus in the Peak, but if I did I'd probably want to bring my 6 year old son and give my wife the weekend to herself.  Is this possible or is it not really for kids?  Does anybody else come with a small navigator?  Daniel loves riding in the Elise and would really enjoy being out and about with the big boys and their fancy cars.

If it's not advised then no worries, but I thought I'd check!

thanks

Graham

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question Graham and the answer is yes, absolutely, bring him along.  We welcome the whole family, and give complimentary kids packs out on the day including a couple of competitions.

Dean

Kids are very welcome and quite a few little Lotus enthusiasts come each year. When the tickets go into the MLOC shop there will be a choice of the starting points/distance/speeds for you to choose from so that you can pick something that's appropriate for your mini navigator!

EDIT: lol, beaten to it by Dean  :)

Hi Graham - to echo others comments I can absolutely confirm that my 6 year old daughter loved coming to LitP back in 2014 - her first (and mine!).   5 years later she is still begging me to let her come with me on the early morning run and loves taking part in the kids activities at the venue itself.  Together with her sister they have won a couple of great prizes in the children’s competitions too.

I’d recommend the slow or medium pace run unless he’s very accustomed to being a passenger on the twisty stuff.

Hopefully this tells you everything you need to know.   It’s a great day out for the old and young alike...

Thanks guys, that sounds awesome.

Yes I'd only take part in the slower groups with junior on board, gone are the days of me leading the pack like a loon and having group members asking me to "slow down please". 😄

Okay that's great, Dan will be on cloud nine to think he's going camping in the Lotus with dad.  I will be bringing the complimentary bowl and quells for the weekend.  (well, to be fair he's never once been car sick, so he should be okay).

Great, look forward to it.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2019 at 22:25, GreyKnight said:

Thanks guys, that sounds awesome.

Yes I'd only take part in the slower groups with junior on board, gone are the days of me leading the pack like a loon and having group members asking me to "slow down please". 😄

Okay that's great, Dan will be on cloud nine to think he's going camping in the Lotus with dad.  I will be bringing the complimentary bowl and quells for the weekend.  (well, to be fair he's never once been car sick, so he should be okay).

Great, look forward to it.

Graham

If you are camping, I stayed at Bank House Farm https://bankhousefarmcamping.co.uk   last year, nice walking distance to Hartington.

Windy passes, steam trains, caves, cable cars, hills to climb, rivers to paddle in, chip shops everywhere.... brought my lad up north when he was 5 and he refuses to go back south, that was 12 years ago. My lad still enjoys the ltip even if he has to get up at an unreasonable hour. 

If he’s interested, it’s a great place for fossil hunting and you will find some. 

Ours will be 8 and 10 and we've only missed one LitP my Dad's'80th). They love the day. Oliver did the run with me last year (thought we were going 'racing') and enjoyed it loads. We're local so never thought of camping, but might do this year just for the fun of it. Jessica's turn for the run.

Archived