litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2019 Exige Purchase

philnotts

Dave has just reminded me - have you thought about a roadster?  I really like them and i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't hold their money better in future because they are so rare

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i was looking to buy a V6S i test drove a 350. The box / shift on V6s in general really isn't a strong point but the linkage in the 350 does have a shorter throw (in each direction) and a little more tactile feel. 

Its still like stirring a pot of jam just so without doing it wearing an oven glove 😂

Was enough to swing me onto a 350 anyway.

I bought mine on the 50:50. I had the money to buy outright but the discount they offered me for what they would save on a straight purchase was far less than i would have saved chucking the other half into my offset mortgage for the two years. Based on the saving they offered me on what it cost them the scheme must be subsidised by Lotus - if your after a new one and can utilise the ££ elsewhere then you could well be better off taking it than not.

1 hour ago, lukevx said:

I bought mine on the 50:50. I had the money to buy outright but the discount they offered me for what they would save on a straight purchase was far less than i would have saved chucking the other half into my offset mortgage for the two years. Based on the saving they offered me on what it cost them the scheme must be subsidised by Lotus - if your after a new one and can utilise the ££ elsewhere then you could well be better off taking it than not.

Was the maths purely based on buying a new car or did you factor in depreciation etc...? Can’t get my head round this 50:50 deal, especially with used 350 prices now. I know my comments aren’t relevent if you just want a brand new car.

The OP was initially only keeping it for 6 months now he’s lumping himself into a 50:50 deal! Now that is man maths at its finest 😂 Can’t applaud him enough!

52 minutes ago, The Cakes said:

Was the maths purely based on buying a new car or did you factor in depreciation etc...? Can’t get my head round this 50:50 deal, especially with used 350 prices now. I know my comments aren’t relevent if you just want a brand new car.

The OP was initially only keeping it for 6 months now he’s lumping himself into a 50:50 deal! Now that is man maths at its finest 😂 Can’t applaud him enough!

I guess its all changed now at the time the 350s had been out for around 9 months so there was very little to pick from second hand.

Racepack V6S's at the time were around 45-46 and thats where i was looking. B&C Had one of the very first 350s come up SH at 52 but it sold pretty much immediately.

Stratton then advertised an 'Ex-Demo' 350 at 54k and out of curiosity alone i enquired about it and it turns out it was unregistered & had 5 miles on the clock. I assume the demo tag was just a way to stop any issues with healthy advertised discounts on new cars... Did a bit more haggling and got the forged wheels i wanted (which took about 5 months to arrive so i ended up with both sets).  Taking into account the mortgage savings / and selling the forged wheels - i lost about what it would cost me to lease a Dacia for a year when i sold it. I had it for 14 months and basically raped it for 6000 miles so in my eyes i got my moneys worth.

Looking at the prices of new and SH now though there is no way id be as lucky again on the depreciation hit especially after lucking out on the wheels and the price increases.

*edit*
Infact looking at 350 prices now it would have cost me bugger all extra in depreciation to have kept it for another year. I guess the price hikes on new 350s/380s etc (and the increase in S2s) have actually held the prices quite firm. 

Archived