litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2019 Exige Purchase

philnotts

28 minutes ago, kieranexige said:

It's been up a while as its photographed outside silverstone old building 

Correct. That's been on their books for ages. Doesn't make it bad though. I suppose if its brilliant at a cracker price it's off but if it's just average then sticks around. I can stone cold guarantee it won't be the condition mine is. But then mine isn't black ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Cbaileyuk said:

In addition, if you are interested, I think my 350 (owned from new, 1.7k miles, never driven in the wet, never tracked, owned from new and heated garage all its life may be available soon) :)

It's hardly been used, seriously

IMG_20181216_104022.jpg

philnotts - lots of us on here know this car, it is literally as new. Colin drives like my granny and I bet it has never seen a drop of rain + it's got the open gearchange, forged wheels and 2-part brakes. If Colin is asking sensible money this has got to be worth considering :)

Dunno anything about the LF1 except that it's been for sale for a while and the instant you drive that off the dealers forecourt you've lost at least £3K. Been there done that :lol:

Jeffs club racer for me, looks amazing in sig orange. Be cheaper and easier to sell on than a yellow un as well. 

you might see it soon, it’s got to come out of its bubble for an mot.

I do like club racers as well...let's face it, they're just old 350s ....ok maybe a different gear change mech but all the rest is the same. Infact, if I was buying my first V6 I'd get the cheapest one I could, ie an S model, late 30s/v early 40s. Doesn't help me sell mine but I'm not really bothered about that aspect ;) all cars sell for the right price, particularly nice uns 

17 hours ago, Cbaileyuk said:

I do like club racers as well...let's face it, they're just old 350s ....ok maybe a different gear change mech but all the rest is the same. Infact, if I was buying my first V6 I'd get the cheapest one I could, ie an S model, late 30s/v early 40s. Doesn't help me sell mine but I'm not really bothered about that aspect ;) all cars sell for the right price, particularly nice uns 

This is probably the sensible thing to do ( S model ) but i love the look of the open gear gate!!

On 23/12/2018 at 21:06, kieranexige said:

I know of a nice signiture orange Club racer with less than 5k miles and has spent its life in a temperature controlled bubble.. 

Hi - Any chance you can share more details? Thanks Oli

4 hours ago, philnotts said:

This is probably the sensible thing to do ( S model ) but i love the look of the open gear gate!!

Honestly Phil, its not all that. It looks a bit trick but if I were you I'd save yourself some wonga. Hunt down a cheap v6s in your chosen colour mix. You'll lose bugger all on it.

14 minutes ago, Cbaileyuk said:

Honestly Phil, its not all that. It looks a bit trick but if I were you I'd save your self some wonga. Hunt down a cheap v6s in your chosen colour mix. You'll lose bugger all on it.

There is some out there but i am guessing there will be some more come Jan/Feb/Mar. Is there any must have options?! Some current examples for sale below -

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/new-in--lotus-exige-s3-v6-s-coupe--high-factory-spec--manual--race--premium-sport-packs--1-previous-owner--beautiful/9097109

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-s-race-and-premium-sport---------2015/8626435

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-s-premium-sport-and-race/9276607

9 minutes ago, philnotts said:

There is some out there but i am guessing there will be some more come Jan/Feb/Mar. Is there any must have options?! Some current examples for sale below -

Aircon, it gets hot in the cabin with the V6 sat behind you.
Race Pack

As Colin says choose a colour and interior combo that you like. There's been loads of "special editions" so plenty of choice.

On 29/12/2018 at 19:17, quantum2000 said:

Aircon, it gets hot in the cabin with the V6 sat behind you.
Race Pack

As Colin says choose a colour and interior combo that you like. There's been loads of "special editions" so plenty of choice.

Footrest is a must too.... 😜

Test drive booked for this Saturday in the 350... This could be dangerous!

Has anyone else taken out the 50/50 finance deal? Thoughts?

Lastly is there any room for discounts off new cars?

Thanks,

Phil

9 hours ago, philnotts said:

Test drive booked for this Saturday in the 350... This could be dangerous!

Has anyone else taken out the 50/50 finance deal? Thoughts?

Lastly is there any room for discounts off new cars?

Thanks,

Phil

1) It will be dangerous

2) A 50/50 deal will loose more value than buying one of those listed above, plus, isn't that a 36month deal?

3) Depends on the dealer and model but I doubt it.

I'll second Fish and others on here - a well looked after early V6S would be the cheapest to buy and own, taking into account depreciation.   I bought my Roadster from Silverstone in October 2017, and I reckon I've probably only lost £1500 on it, and that's comparing dealer retail price to what I'd expect to get for it privately....

All depends how much you want that open gear gate, and maybe a warranty etc.

Archived