litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

2019 Exige Purchase

philnotts

Hello all,

I have decided to scratch my Lotus inch in 2019 and on the look out for either a S2 Exige V6 or Exige 350.

As this will only be a spring/summer fun car and likely to sell towards the back end of 2019, i don't really want anything that will loose too much money when i come to sell.

Is there any models that are the sweet spot of the range that i am unlikely to loose too much? I have noticed there is a nice Lotus Exige LF1 but un-sure if the premium is worth it for such a small amount of time!

I may however fall in love and want to keep the car a lot longer!

Lastly i am i Nottingham so would be great to know if there are meet ups, drives out throughout the year?

Thanks,

Phil

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s S3’s you’ll be looking at and if you’re only keeping it that long I’d be going for an ‘S’ around mid to late £30k’s or a very well priced 350 mid 40’s. Is the 350 worth the premium to keep that length of time probably not and the LF1 I don’t think it would be an easy sell to get your money out of it at the end of summer. PS you’ll be keeping it ;)

Thank you for all the replies.

Keeping my eyes on to Piston Heads and Autotrader! I do like the LF1 but i guess if keeping short term, having something like this wouldn't really make sense!

On 24/12/2018 at 15:16, philnotts said:

Thank you for all the replies.

Keeping my eyes on to Piston Heads and Autotrader! I do like the LF1 but i guess if keeping short term, having something like this wouldn't really make sense!

This is the car, one owner car, a member on here, absolutely immaculate, I can't stress how like new this is and  was ceramic coated from new. 

sketch-1545649286194.png

sketch-1545820167246.png

If a short tenure and then getting your money back are your first priorities then you can't beat a cheaper S2 . Something sub £30K from a private seller would be ideal and help you to sell privately when ready.

A £40K S3 is tempting but if you buy from the trade you won't get all your money back, you will probably lose £3-to-4K if you sell back to the trade and private sales are not easy, unless you are quite a bit cheaper than the trade offerings - i.e. £3-to-4K cheaper! 

If you can find a decent S3 on sale privately and at a good price then that's a different story - that orange CR looks very nice :)

I don't know if you've driven any of these cars but the S2 and S3 are VERY different - you might find that once you've driven them your mind is made up which one you would prefer :drive:

In addition, if you are interested, I think my 350 (owned from new, 1.7k miles, never driven in the wet, never tracked, owned from new and heated garage all its life may be available soon) :)

It's hardly been used, seriously

IMG_20181216_104022.jpg

17 minutes ago, Cbaileyuk said:

In addition, if you are interested, I think my 350 (owned from new, 1.7k miles, never driven in the wet, never tracked, owned from new and heated garage all its life may be available soon) :)

It's hardly been used, seriously

IMG_20181216_104022.jpg

😱 What! 

That slk hasn't turned you has it? 

3 hours ago, kieranexige said:

😱 What! 

That slk hasn't turned you has it? 

Heehee. No keeping the slk and still watching football.

I'm looking on moving up to something. Not sure what. Any interested parties, drop me a PM. 

Archived