litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S3 dash removal

darren5591

Hey guys,

I’m trying to remove a fancy stereo in my late S2 Elise and I’ve got to a point where I’ve come to realise that it may be better to remove the dash and pull the loom out as access is extremely limited as it currently stands. Are there any guides for this? I’ve done a search but nothing has come up yet.

Thanks in advance :tup: 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does sound extreme doesn’t it! I think it’s a factory fitted system but it has gps and flip screen etc which is far too ott for what I need! Will eventually replace the system for a simple alpine setup eventually. The loom looks like it’s earthed to the clocks which I why I might need to strip the dash apart and decipher what is OE Lotus loom and loom from the stereo.

2 hours ago, dazyates said:

Just waving hello to fellow Redditch Lotus owner :)

:clap::cheers:

Not many about Redditch! What are you driving? :cheers:

3 hours ago, darren5591 said:

It does sound extreme doesn’t it! I think it’s a factory fitted system but it has gps and flip screen etc which is far too ott for what I need! Will eventually replace the system for a simple alpine setup eventually. The loom looks like it’s earthed to the clocks which I why I might need to strip the dash apart and decipher what is OE Lotus loom and loom from the stereo.

Not many about Redditch! What are you driving? :cheers:

A blue 220S

:cheers:

Might be ok for not having to remove the dash now as with a few trim bits out most of the loom is stripped. Just a couple of wires left to sort. 

1 hour ago, dazyates said:

A blue 220S

:cheers:

Cool I’ll keep an eye out, can’t be hard to miss B)

21 hours ago, darren5591 said:

Might be ok for not having to remove the dash now as with a few trim bits out most of the loom is stripped. Just a couple of wires left to sort. 

Cool I’ll keep an eye out, can’t be hard to miss B)

Cheers Daz :cheers:

Archived