litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Sprinting 2019

Martin R

As some of you may know the Lotus Cup UK Sprint Championship will not be continuing in 2019. Paul Golding, who has supported the series for the last 6 years, has decided to devote all his efforts on the suburb Lotus Cup Europe series, which is partnering DTM for next year.

I would like to say a big thank you to Paul and the rest of his team on behalf of all the sprinters who have competed in the LCUK series over the years. We have had 6 amazing years, some fantastic events and great friendly on track competition. The organisation and professionalism of the series really was first class. 

As the LCUK Sprint series has ended a new home had to be found for Lotus Sprinting to continue. Duncan Fraser (Littleblackflash) and a few other like-minded sprinters have worked hard to find a series that could support the sprinting and still remain as well organised as it has been in the past. I am pleased to advise that the Lotus sprinting will continue and will now form part of the 2019 BARC Connaught Speed Championship.

The format will remain much the same as before, 2 classes, one for normally aspirated Production cars and another for faster Supersport cars. 

The series will be run over 8 rounds with the best 6 results counting for the overall championship. 

The Championship Calendar is a mix of established tracks and some exciting new additions to the series including Motorfest Coventry and the Loton Park Hill climb. 

1. 3 Sisters 30th March 
2. Abingdon long 7th April 
3. Mira 4th May 
4. Motorfest Coventry 1st June 
5. Castle Combe 27th July 
6. Loton park 3rd Aug 
7. Blyton 7th Sept 
8. Curborough 21st Sept

Also if you compete in 10 rounds or more of the 2019 BARC Connaught Speed Championship you will be in contention for overall honours of the series. 

If anyone is considering sprinting next year please feel free to ask questions on here or contact Duncan (Littleblackflash) on SELOC or myself and we will be happy to help.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy, got my 2019 licence today. I will let you know when i register. We have all got to join BARC Midland. Will confirm shortly. BARC Midland do 25 events a year. To qualify for their championship you need to do 10. You can do as many or little as you like. I might do Shelsey as well as its one of BARC rounds.

Edit, link to full list of events.

https://barc-midlands.co.uk/speed-championship/2019-championship-calendar/

Im going to try and do 10.

• 2 weeks later...
Andy, got my 2019 licence today. I will let you know when i register. We have all got to join BARC Midland. Will confirm shortly. BARC Midland do 25 events a year. To qualify for their championship you need to do 10. You can do as many or little as you like. I might do Shelsey as well as its one of BARC rounds.
Edit, link to full list of events.
https://barc-midlands.co.uk/speed-championship/2019-championship-calendar/
Im going to try and do 10.

Do you need to register for full championship for 1 run @ combe?
Ta
Bill

On 13/12/2018 at 20:02, fentuz said:

Do you need to register for full championship for 1 run @ combe?
Ta
Bill

Bill, i expect you will yes. You will need to join BARC or a qualifying club and register i would think? I will post when i know more

• 3 weeks later...

Andy, just joined BARC @ £40 and the Midland region @ £15. This allows you to register for the 25 round sprint / hill climb series. registration is £30. I will probably do a few with Shenstone as well at Curborough   :)

Archived