litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

340R Wheels

The Cakes

Well today was a good day! Santa definitely came early for me. 2 fronts and a rear, would be nice to find another rear. I’m sure sure someone will have one gathering dust somewhere, just need to keep looking. I have a set on the car but want a spare for a rainy day. 

B915A167-F04F-48CC-92C8-C39EFEAE8257.jpeg

9DFB8848-4D2A-4112-80AE-375D166563C7.jpeg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven’t seen any for sale for four years now, so difficult to value them. The chap I bought them off has sold his 340 but the reason for three, was he took it in for a service at Stratstones a few years ago and they crashed it knackering the rear alloy amongst other stuff. They couldn’t find a set or a single wheel, so he ended up with delivery wheels. He was pissed to say the least!! 

Very nice indeed matey - probably the finest looking of the S1 / Exige / 340R era wheels in my view...

I'm not surprised they were pricey, I guess it’s all about supply and demand with these things.  Hope you find another for the full set.

20 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Very nice indeed matey - probably the finest looking of the S1 / Exige / 340R era wheels in my view...

I'm not surprised they were pricey, I guess it’s all about supply and demand with these things.  Hope you find another for the full set.

11 hours ago, jonnyfox said:

Exactly as Dave says :tup:

Thanks chaps, they are absolutely mint bar one chip. Might swap them over as mine aren’t as good as these. You forget how bloody light they are. 

6 hours ago, Ruxpin said:

good buy - you must have beaten me to them! IIRC Steve Butts used to run them on his sprint car but broke a rear...if i had bought them i was going to contact Steve and beg...

I stuck my number in the comments section as I had an idea that he wouldn’t be able to see u2u’s with him not having posted before. I didn’t pay full asking either, so all good. You don’t fancy asking the question do you please? I don’t know him. TIA 

12 hours ago, The Cakes said:

Thanks chaps, they are absolutely mint bar one chip. Might swap them over as mine aren’t as good as these. You forget how bloody light they are. 

I stuck my number in the comments section as I had an idea that he wouldn’t be able to see u2u’s with him not having posted before. I didn’t pay full asking either, so all good. You don’t fancy asking the question do you please? I don’t know him. TIA 

I don't know Steve personally other than some forum correspondence seeking advice when rebuilding our 1.9K. It was a few years ago he posted about damaging a rear - IIRC he was searching for a replacement rear. He may have sold them on by now but worth asking.

30 minutes ago, Ruxpin said:

I don't know Steve personally other than some forum correspondence seeking advice when rebuilding our 1.9K. It was a few years ago he posted about damaging a rear - IIRC he was searching for a replacement rear. He may have sold them on by now but worth asking.

Which forum is he on? Username? Thanks 

I know Steve to talk to over SELOC, have met him once many years ago.

AFAIK Steve is still looking for a replacement wheel and want to keep his and try and make a good set - somehow.

Archived