litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Winter work.

Martin R

1 hour ago, MrWill said:

@Broadside... Mines got four threads riveted into the footrest and bolted through the floor pan. ... Velcro would be easier😋

Thank you, I might fabricate a prototype, certainly velcro will enable me to position to suit first. Its not top of my list at the moment though!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Broadside said:

Thank you, I might fabricate a prototype, certainly velcro will enable me to position to suit first. Its not top of my list at the moment though!

Mines held in with Velcro. They used either that or the screws through the floor pan. Typical Lotus.

Stick with the Velcro. I found quite bad corrosion on the floor pan where it had chemically reacted with the washers. 

Cleaned, treated and covered with duralac. Refitting with plastic washers

Front rebuild finished! 

20180909_180323.jpg

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

Difficult to see in these shots but this weekend i installed some running boards.  Had them from a chap on seloc who sells them. Sprayed them up during the week, then drilled the holes in underside to mount them (that wasnt nerveracking - but quite simple in the end).  Really please with the look and compliments the front splitter and balances the car. Also took the opportunity to tidy up the rust that was developing on the brake-disc centres.  

8113878B-5E90-4A1B-AFFE-CA88A9747E00.jpeg

B2F059B2-B80B-44F1-9741-2D590B11142E.jpeg

On 05/01/2019 at 19:10, MrWill said:

Stick with the Velcro. I found quite bad corrosion on the floor pan where it had chemically reacted with the washers. 

Cleaned, treated and covered with duralac. Refitting with plastic washers

Front rebuild finished! 

20180909_180323.jpg

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

nice alloy bells 😊

4 hours ago, Broadside said:

I've got a nasty feeling that I've talked myself into buying a set of Nitrons, just because I've got a rusty spring.............

Good idea. Just make sure you dont go to hard on the spring ratings? If its 90% road use stay fairly soft would be my advice.

16 hours ago, Martin R said:

Good idea. Just make sure you dont go to hard on the spring ratings? If its 90% road use stay fairly soft would be my advice.

Yes, I agree with you about spring rates. I guess my existing dampers are pretty old so buying new springs for them is probably not the wisest long term investment.

Archived