Jump to content
MattyB

MLOC Evoras

Recommended Posts

All being well, I'm picking up Lotus No 4 next week - a 2010 Evora :clap: Sold my S2 135 about 3 months ago, been on the hunt since. I couldn't quite stretch to a decent "S" so settled on an NA. I'm getting on a bit now, so the added comforts will be easier on the old bones ;)

Do we have many Evora owners on here? Did a search and very few mentions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Matt,

There's a few of us on here for sure, I think averageMPH is on his 4th one now. Mine's a NA and I find it plenty fast enough so I wouldn't worry about it not being an S. The tax will be less and presumably yours will be on the smaller 18/19 wheels so tyres will be significantly cheaper too.

Look forward to seeing some photos when you get it :)

Edited by Phil S1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Matt,

I switched from V6 Exige to the Evora because of the age thing with creeking bones, I had forgotten what it was like until last Tuesday until I got a spin around the block in Elisemadray’s car, first time I’ve had a man touch my backside try to help me get out of a car lol.

Look forward to seeing your car.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by average-mph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, average-mph said:

Hi Matt,

I switched from V6 Exige to the Evora because of the age thing with creeking bones, I had forgotten what it was like until last Tuesday until I got a spin around the block in Elisemadray’s car, first time I’ve had a man touch my backside try to help me get out of a car lol.

Look forward to seeing your car.

Cheers

Mike

:lol: I just wanted to pinch your bum!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, average-mph said:

It did the trick, I was out like a shot 😂

you moved that quick I thought about entering you for the sprint at the next Olympics :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy fellas, there are other forums for that kind of thing - apparently :lol:

Plenty of love for the Evora here.  I was lucky enough to drive Phil's a couple of years ago, fabulous car, and certainly plenty quick enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

Easy fellas, there are other forums for that kind of thing - apparently :lol:

Plenty of love for the Evora here.  I was lucky enough to drive Phil's a couple of years ago, fabulous car, and certainly plenty quick enough...

Yep got to say I followed Phil in his Evora on a run and was amazed how well planted it was. def on my future list :) 

Pics please :) 

Edited by Elisemadray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, there are a few benefits to the non-S, and as you say, it's no slouch. The problem is I feel like I could do with an Elise *as well* for those roof off summer days ;)

It's already got some 2012 upgrade (linkage, steering wheel) and a 2bular, so that'll do for now - however I do want to do the SR black highlights (roof, etc). Can anyone recommend somewhere for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The roof-off element is the one thing I miss coming from my old Elise....having air con's nice though....and not to mention the heated seats :lol:

Your's should sound sweet with a 2bular fitted, what colour is it? Are you going to have the SR look done as a wrap or painted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi fellow Evora owners 😋

I am over in Leicestershire not seen another Evora other than around Cambridge recently 

my red NA is great plenty of power but fab road presence , just finished Headunit and sub/amp replacement today

still not managed to get to local meet and missed lotus 70 and lotus in peaks cant seem to get commitments synced but will try better in future !  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I moved from a Europa S into an Evora S almost 3 years ago.

mike (average-mpg) did a wonderful job of convincing the other half that I needed an Evora! The rest is history 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PaulJ said:

I moved from a Europa S into an Evora S almost 3 years ago.

mike (average-mpg) did a wonderful job of convincing the other half that I needed an Evora! The rest is history 👍

No regrets? 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use