Sign in to follow this  
Daveb99

Another New Lotus

Didn't think you would be able to stay away from a S1 ;) 

Great looking car Dave. 

Glad you've finally 'come out' Dave :lol:

Probably one of the best S1 examples out there....stunning!

Nice show plate too, you know it won't look like that once Dunc get's his hands on it don't you? 

Cheers for all the comments.  It's great to be back in an S1 and my brother, who isn't used to the whole Lotus thing, is really looking forward to a spirited drive over to Hethel on Saturday morning - albeit at 5am....:wacko:

A few more pics here.   Same place, more of the same, nothing much new.....takes ages to shoo all the peacocks away every time :lol:

DSC_6854.jpg

DSC_6904.jpg

DSC_6907.jpg

DSC_6951.jpg

DSC_6956.jpg

Edited by Daveb99
  • Thanks 1

WOW they will see you coming in that one Dave👍🏻

On 9/27/2018 at 12:39, Phil S1 said:

Glad you've finally 'come out' Dave :lol:

Probably one of the best S1 examples out there....stunning!

Nice show plate too, you know it won't look like that once Dunc get's his hands on it don't you? 

Times have changed, I thought only S2 drivers had to come out!

I noticed it caught the eye of the Absolute Lotus photographer today - it's on their Lotus 70 facebook post  😊

On 26/09/2018 at 20:53, Daveb99 said:

Well, new to us anyway.....picked this little thing up recently.  Put your sunglasses on before you scroll down..

Unusually perhaps, it's a family purchase, intended as a medium to long term investment - it is jointly owned with my brother and Dad.    The 4th S1 I've owned (or part-owned!).  Still never had an S2 !

Only 7 ‘full fat’ SVA cars were made in this colour, so we figured the value is only going to go one way....and we get to enjoy it in the meantime, unlike money in the bank!

We are very pleased with it so far - can't wait to give it a proper run to Lotus 70 this weekend :)

DSC_6870.jpg

DSC_6893.jpg

DSC_6908.jpg

DSC_6914.jpg

DSC_6861.jpg

DSC_6857.jpg

IMG_8049.JPG

IMG_7971.JPG

You’ve just made an S1 Exige owner VERY envious! I love your choice, well done! 

On 29/09/2018 at 21:45, DeanB said:

I noticed it caught the eye of the Absolute Lotus photographer today - it's on their Lotus 70 facebook post  😊

So it is....cheers Dean.

Had a fantastic day out in it on Saturday at Lotus 70.  Left at 4.30am, pitch dark, for a convoy with Paul (smithpaulg) and a spot of breakfast, through the fog east of Leicester and the sun rising through it, and even got stuck behind a turnip lorry in Norfolk - how apt.   It was great until we realised turnips were falling off the back :wacko:

A quick clean at Hethel to restore the 'Dave' shine was in order - even Dean borrowed my stuff to clean his car (you sure you didn't get a bang on the head recently, Dean......?)

We couldn't take part in the big parade on the test track at the end, due to the 'club' cars being parked in the staff car park - H&S wouldn't allow us through to the track.  Other than that it was a great day and the car was flawless - which always helps :tup:

After watching some of the parade we got back to the car and found Henry Catchpole (Evo mag etc) doing a video feature on the car.   Not sure if/when that will be published somewhere but it was pretty cool regardless.

A few more pics here, including one of my brother at the end of a long day (and before a long and spirited drive home).   Adrian's S160 looking mega.....!

DSC_7122.jpg

DSC_7200.jpg

DSC_7234.jpg

DSC_7237.jpg

DSC_7292.jpg

• Like 1

Always loved the 160, and a great colour too (I would say that, though).

Dave - Would you be interested in showing this car at the NEC Classic car show in November? I am the Area leader for Club Lotus Staffordshire and organise the stand at the NEC each year. We want an Elise series 1 but don't have one in the Staffs branch. You would have to be able to drop the car off on Thursday the 8th November and pick it up on Sunday 11th. You are welcome to come to the show each day or simply drop it off and pick it up. For your trouble you would receive at least two passes into the show for each day plus a car parking pass so no car park fee's - also as much coffee as you can drink! :)

Also looks good in the cars history file

Cheers - Phil

22 minutes ago, tanz said:

Dave - Would you be interested in showing this car at the NEC Classic car show in November? I am the Area leader for Club Lotus Staffordshire and organise the stand at the NEC each year. We want an Elise series 1 but don't have one in the Staffs branch. You would have to be able to drop the car off on Thursday the 8th November and pick it up on Sunday 11th. You are welcome to come to the show each day or simply drop it off and pick it up. For your trouble you would receive at least two passes into the show for each day plus a car parking pass so no car park fee's - also as much coffee as you can drink! :)

Also looks good in the cars history file

Cheers - Phil

Hello Phil - many thanks, I think that could be a possibility, I’ll send you a message to find out more etc.

Hi Dave, it was great seeing you last Saturday and you weren't wrong when you said your new S1 was a stunning example. Looking forward to seeing it at lots of events in the future and no doubt it will benefit from you detailing magic. Well done chap and welcome back to the S1 club :clap::drive:

Mark

• Confused 1