Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alex B

A favour...

Recommended Posts

On 21/09/2018 at 21:18, Alex B said:

Yeah I’m assuming the beading has broken away. Will take them n get em refitted once I’ve double checked with Alan’s spare set on Tuesday.

Any joy Alex?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Austintaff said:

Any joy Alex?

Unfortunately not. :(

After a chat with Alan, we decided the next step would be to try a new set of discs, mine aren’t far off from needing replacement and there’s a possibility that they could be warped or could have debris behind them causing the wobble.

Another MLOCer has kindly offered me the use of a spare set of discs to test this theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Alex B said:

Unfortunately not. :(

After a chat with Alan, we decided the next step would be to try a new set of discs, mine aren’t far off from needing replacement and there’s a possibility that they could be warped or could have debris behind them causing the wobble.

Another MLOCer has kindly offered me the use of a spare set of discs to test this theory.

Not completely what was suggested Alex :) 

The Tyres on the wheels we tried on the car for Alex do have pick up on, so i expected some wheel wobble. But you would like to think it would be either worse or better than he has and not the same as we found out. I then suggested just to make sure to put the tyre pressure up to 30 psi and try again. 

If still no different, remove the front discs and ensure that the mounting faces are perfectly clean, the hub and wheel mounting faces and try again. (all these options are free to do)

But your discs have seen better days anyway so will need replacing sooner rather than later ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in the ball park with it.

gonna clean the facings up this weekend.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of interest have you tried swapping all four wheels not just fronts? I’d try that before you mess around with  discs etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2018 at 18:57, The Cakes said:

Out of interest have you tried swapping all four wheels not just fronts? I’d try that before you mess around with  discs etc...

If the rears were causing the issues I’d assume you’d feel in through the entire car where as this is directly through the steering wheel so must be connected mechanically to the front suspension/steering setup.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alex B said:

If the rears were causing the issues I’d assume you’d feel in through the entire car where as this is directly through the steering wheel so must be connected mechanically to the front suspension/steering setup.

My wife’s Jeep Wrangler rear tyres were causing vibration through the steering wheel on braking. Wouldn’t have believed it until they were swapped for new. We went through two front disc changes, endless tyre balancing etc...I know yours is at speed but might be worth a try. Cheaper than messing around with discs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had problems with rears on a car before and I would have sworn it was the front tyres.  So definitely worth trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use