A favour...

Alex B

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Austintaff said:

Any joy Alex?

Unfortunately not. :(

After a chat with Alan, we decided the next step would be to try a new set of discs, mine aren’t far off from needing replacement and there’s a possibility that they could be warped or could have debris behind them causing the wobble.

Another MLOCer has kindly offered me the use of a spare set of discs to test this theory.

50 minutes ago, Alex B said:

Unfortunately not. :(

After a chat with Alan, we decided the next step would be to try a new set of discs, mine aren’t far off from needing replacement and there’s a possibility that they could be warped or could have debris behind them causing the wobble.

Another MLOCer has kindly offered me the use of a spare set of discs to test this theory.

Not completely what was suggested Alex :) 

The Tyres on the wheels we tried on the car for Alex do have pick up on, so i expected some wheel wobble. But you would like to think it would be either worse or better than he has and not the same as we found out. I then suggested just to make sure to put the tyre pressure up to 30 psi and try again. 

If still no different, remove the front discs and ensure that the mounting faces are perfectly clean, the hub and wheel mounting faces and try again. (all these options are free to do)

But your discs have seen better days anyway so will need replacing sooner rather than later ;) 

On 28/09/2018 at 18:57, The Cakes said:

Out of interest have you tried swapping all four wheels not just fronts? I’d try that before you mess around with  discs etc...

If the rears were causing the issues I’d assume you’d feel in through the entire car where as this is directly through the steering wheel so must be connected mechanically to the front suspension/steering setup.

5 minutes ago, Alex B said:

If the rears were causing the issues I’d assume you’d feel in through the entire car where as this is directly through the steering wheel so must be connected mechanically to the front suspension/steering setup.

My wife’s Jeep Wrangler rear tyres were causing vibration through the steering wheel on braking. Wouldn’t have believed it until they were swapped for new. We went through two front disc changes, endless tyre balancing etc...I know yours is at speed but might be worth a try. Cheaper than messing around with discs.

Archived