litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Great day at Donington

Elisemadray

Thanks Mike for a great day, I really enjoyed the racing and hospitality  good to see Alans1 there looking after Craig Denmans car, they finished 1st in the last Race :) in his Elise Cup220R but got a 5 second penalty  so ended up second, Kevin's team in the GTO Races (from central Lotus) had a good weekend with a first and a Third

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to thank the organisers of the LIPT event this year for having such a fantastic raffle prize and also Central Lotus Nottingham for donating the raffle prize. 

Also a big thank you to Kevin Riley and the National Motorsport Academy for being such wonderful hosts.

Last but not least thanks to Helen who actually won the raffle and gave the prize to me and Ray.

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:15, average-mph said:

I would like to thank the organisers of the LIPT event this year for having such a fantastic raffle prize and also Central Lotus Nottingham for donating the raffle prize. 

Also a big thank you to Kevin Riley and the National Motorsport Academy for being such wonderful hosts.

Last but not least thanks to Helen who actually won the raffle and gave the prize to me and Ray.

I totally agree with everything Mike has said above :clap:

3 hours ago, lotus111 said:

Now I see why I got a call from Conner from Central Lotus today trying to sell me a loud black Evora 410, Mike and Ray having been living the highlife with him and his gang last Sunday. 🤔😂

Dont buy that car, it seems to rev uncontrollably when you start it up :lol:

4 hours ago, lotus111 said:

Now I see why I got a call from Conner from Central Lotus today trying to sell me a loud black Evora 410, Mike and Ray having been living the highlife with him and his gang last Sunday. 🤔😂

Nothing to do with us we went off on our owns , anyway Conner and his Dad were not there,  But you could do worse if you are thinking of changing it's a great motor :)

On 09/09/2018 at 18:20, Elisemadray said:

Thanks Mike for a great day, I really enjoyed the racing and hospitality  good to see Alans1 there looking after Craig Denmans car, they finished 1st in the last Race :) in his Elise Cup220R but got a 5 second penalty  so ended up second, Kevin's team in the GTO Races (from central Lotus) had a good weekend with a first and a Third

Was good to see some familiar local faces supporting the Elise Trophy racing. 

Very hard work weekend it turned out to be.

ABS failure in Qually,  but managed 8th.

Broken Toe link bolt race 1. so a DNF but managed to get fastest lap. (also SC belt snapped due to gravel)

Managed 5th in race 2 from back of the grid and another fastest lap.

Came over the finish line 1st in race 3 to then receive a 5 second penalty for track limits that Craig had no clue about :( so ended up 2nd. 

Was all worth it though as even though it was our worst results we have enough points to clinch the championship even without doing the last round at Rockingham. :clap::clap:

40 minutes ago, AlanS1 said:

Was good to see some familiar local faces supporting the Elise Trophy racing. 

Very hard work weekend it turned out to be.

ABS failure in Qually,  but managed 8th.

Broken Toe link bolt race 1. so a DNF but managed to get fastest lap. (also SC belt snapped due to gravel)

Managed 5th in race 2 from back of the grid and another fastest lap.

Came over the finish line 1st in race 3 to then receive a 5 second penalty for track limits that Craig had no clue about :( so ended up 2nd. 

Was all worth it though as even though it was our worst results we have enough points to clinch the championship even without doing the last round at Rockingham. :clap::clap:

A Big Well done guys :clap::clap::clap:

1 hour ago, Elisemadray said:

Nothing to do with us we went off on our owns , anyway Conner and his Dad were not there,  But you could do worse if you are thinking of changing it's a great motor :)

Just joking Ray, he did give me a ring, not so happy as I was on the sun bed at the side of the pool 😂 and yes could be a good upgrade 👍

Great day out!

Huge congrats to Craig for the driving and Alans1 for the car prep.

it was great to see it all first hand! Some stress and hard work but all worth it!

We were watching from Old Hairpin and it was clear to see how hard all the cars were trying down the Craner Curves.

Would be good if we could arrange an MLOC contingent to support these races!

Anyone else up for it?

• Elisemadray changed the title to Great day at Donington

Archived