litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

340R

The Cakes

Well today was a good day! I’ve looked for at least 4 years for some of the original carbon fibre mudguards for my 340R and today I managed to pick some up! My car is number 50 and apparently the first 50 all had carbon not the grp mudguards. Mine must have gone astray with a previous owner. Not only that they are immaculate. Can’t wait to get them on. :clap:

8D22EE02-43F9-4CC7-B949-7ACA0D750F70.jpeg

1C3D00B1-1848-43B2-8916-25DFC6679E89.jpeg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep dead right.They built them all and then just bunged the plaques on any old car, not in the order they came off the line.

My car was no 155 and didn't have CF guards - until someone found the place that had a stack on them in stock and did a group buy.

Where did you find them Drage?

Randomly found a guy selling a lightweight exhaust on eBay and I’ve always just sent a question to see if they have anything else. He’s got his car for sale on commission with Car Barn (it’s on Pistonheads) and they advised him to put the grp ones back on for ‘originality’. Go figure that one out :bangin: Lucky for me though, even though it was a 6 hour drive there and back yesterday!

Got my CF mudguards in a similar way. Travelled to Essex. Cost an arm and a leg. The Facebook group has a guy making some new ones at his factory in Eastern Europe somewhere. Worth joining the group even if you don’t really do Facebook ( which I don’t.) Lovely looking 340 by the way, as is your integrale I saw at Gavs this week. Paul.

You just have to take the opportunity when it arises and I didn’t want to give him time to change his mind! I’m like you never been on Facebook and you do miss out on certain stuff. Thanks Paul and hopefully the Integrale will be coming home a week on Monday. Gav has worked his magic once again 👍🏻

8 hours ago, Ruxpin said:

Great find. I'm sure there are plenty of parts lying around garages. I would love to source the UCR gearset but not managed yet.

I may know of someone that has one for sale, or at least did.

8 hours ago, Ruxpin said:

Great find. I'm sure there are plenty of parts lying around garages. I would love to source the UCR gearset but not managed yet.

I’m sure there is but these days it’s not only finding them, it’s being quick enough to get them before someone else!! I’ve got be UCR box on mine, luckily it came with it. Never seen one for sale or not for a very long time. 

12 hours ago, AlanS1 said:

I may know of someone that has one for sale, or at least did.

If you do know someone Alan please point them in my direction :tup:. It's the helical cut set lotus developed (LOTAC05255  Ultra Close Ratio Gear Conversion Kit) i'm after rather than the straight cut ones which, as cool as they sound, will be too much for a road car.

12 hours ago, The Cakes said:

I’m sure there is but these days it’s not only finding them, it’s being quick enough to get them before someone else!! I’ve got be UCR box on mine, luckily it came with it. Never seen one for sale or not for a very long time. 

I think there was one on SELOC a few years ago at sensible money but at the time I didn't appreciate it. A chap in France on facebook was taking one out of his 340R recently but it was too much money and hassle being outside the UK. Someone was also offering the straight cut option on SELOC recently but i'm not sure i want the noise for the road even thought it would be great for my sprinting.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 22:14, The Working Man said:

Straight cut UCR box on mine. Almost all road use, very occasional track ( insurance costa molto)

suits the car perfectly, so quick.

Would be interesting to see just how noisy it is. I think straight cut sets are readily available from Quaife. I guess if they made the helical sets they'd be willing to make some more, but it must be a pretty limited market.

Dan Webster posted this link to a video with a straight cut box on SELOC when discussion the noise. Part of me thinks cool, part of me thinks it will get very annoying on the road.

If quaife (assuming they made the originals) were persuaded to reproduce a batch of helical cut ones for sensible money i would be in the queue.

Archived