litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

K series starting problem

nickashton

Morning. Last night I came to start my Elise (early s2) and it refused to start. I had been out in it during the day and parked it on the drive in the afternoon. My drive has a slope to it. Last night I came to start the engine and it cranked fine but didn't ignite. I tried this twice then turned it off. On the third time of trying it fired up fine. I took it for a spin and it drove fine. I did restart the engine twice without issues.  Would I be correct in thinking that this could have been due to fuel starvation due to being left on a slope?  I haven't had this before whilst parking on the drive. Many thanks. Nick

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the reading prior and after you moved the car, how big is the incline? Having said that did you hear the pump prime and having said that being a narrow tank running across the car I doubt it... That said (loving my that's :lol:) maybe like me you've just flooded the engine. 

Archived