litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New car at last S190 Pics updated

kieranexige

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt 2 came out of the factory the same. Lotus Motorsport built them to the first customers requirements. Some went for full race spec with fire suppression etc. They put in what you paid for basically.

4 hours ago, Martin R said:

I doubt 2 came out of the factory the same. Lotus Motorsport built them to the first customers requirements. Some went for full race spec with fire suppression etc. They put in what you paid for basically.

Yeah that's what I understand Martin . wish they still did that . Would makes for some interesting variants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news is it seems in good order... 

Young Gav looked over it for me last week (cracking job as usual),, cheers Gav, the good news is it does appear to have been looked after.

Hideous  steering wheel removed, new cambelt and water pump along with a few bits and pieces tidied up and she's running lovely. 

Looks like next year it will be a new rad, braided lines new seats and to just enjoy it.  That is after I've taken it to bits and cleaned it all over winter :blush:

_20180926_223353.JPG

12 hours ago, DeanB said:

Is the rad knackered?  If not i would wait until it fails before changing it.

No Its not its just like the Exige i'd sooner catch it early rather than get caught out with a puddle at the side of the road.

We'll see it may not happen now I've got nursery fees to pay for :crybaby:

4 minutes ago, kieranexige said:

No Its not its just like the Exige i'd sooner catch it early rather than get caught out with a puddle at the side of the road.

We'll see it may not happen now I've got nursery fees to pay for :crybaby:

Yeah not fun getting caught at the side of the road from a Dead Rad. 

The mushroom cloud of steam was impressive though.

So the past few nights I have been doing a few "mini" jobs that don't take up mountains of Time. At 6 months old our Boy caught Hand foot and mouth meaning chicken pox like symptoms and virtually no sleep in the evenings (currently living on 2 hours a night).

Firstly was to take the diffuser off and order new stainless fixings to replace the old ,P.S. I will update with photos when  I can.

The car seems to have the CLF / Magnex rear silencer on and is in really good shape, with just tarnishing to the tail pipes themselves. I decided to order 8 new Ti bolts and Stainless hangar plates to replace the rusty original items which had Powerflex blue mounting rubbers.

Next to cross off the list were the rusty mesh exhaust surround which I blasted and re powder coated black , replacing the reflector nuts bolts whilst I was there.

Another "easy" job I noticed when laying under it was to replace the number plate light screws which has seen better days and maybe put led bulbs in. Here's where it got fun as guess what, all 4 pozi heads turned to dust , great.  No problem I thought , a 6mm cobolt drill will have those clear  and I can move on.. that was until I got to the last one. At the point of which the head broke through it picked up on the lens and cracked it in half. Bugger.

After looking on Deroure , Elise parts etc id hope not to pay £17 for a new one . the old Hella part is 22871 which is no longer valid.

2KA 005 049 -007 is the new part and I've bought a new pair for less that £10 :clap:

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

Looking good buddy......lots of hours spent detailing already I reckon.......:tup:

Can’t beat black when it's clean and shiny - unless it’s green of course :lol:

Looking forward to seeing it after all your efforts...

Archived