litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Epoxy Garage Floor Paint

Daveb99

I've previously used inexpensive ordinary garage floor paint from the likes of screwfix, but it peels over time, so it’s time for the decent stuff...

I’m looking to use Epoxy resin paint (the 2 pack stuff), can anyone recommend a supplier and also any tips on the process - best to prime first? I know it is applied using a large roller, and it’s advisable to mix a smaller tin first to do the cutting in around the edges, but that’s about all I know...

Any help would be much appreciated thumbsup.gif 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave I acid etched mine first to give it a key. 

As above it is slippy when wet, and do it on a hot day where you can leave to door open. It stinks and if you have a internal garage it whiffs abit through the house... 

Don't ask me how I know

I did Johnson's 2-part epoxy, 9years ago and it's still good. Fumes were not too bad.   The concrete pad had a good top surface / was pretty new so no need to etch.

I also did the bottom row of bricks the same colour, so no need for cutting-in.

Dave, have you considered plastic interlocking floor tiles. We were fitting out a car dealership and had some left over, so I used them in my garage. They’re easy to lay and really robust once they’re down, plus I find them a bit warmer if im kneeling or sitting on the garage floor in the colder months. A friend of mine has just gone over his floor paint with some because he was fed up of having to re coat it. 

I went for interlocking tiles too, and as Adam says, I'm expecting some insulation properties this winter. You'll have to excuse the mess, we're DIY'ing at the moment...

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

19 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Thanks everyone for all the advice.  I like the sound of the interlocking tiles, can anyone recommend a supplier - where did you get them from Kurt / Adam?

I don’t recall the manufacturer of mine. Luckily for me they didn’t cost me anything.... We were refurbishing a car dealership and they had specified this particular tile. We were half way through laying them and they had a change of management at the dealership and the new chap decided he would like ceramics, so I ended up with enough to do a couple of garages. 

I did however organise some for a colleague a couple of months ago. I used a flooring supplier in leicester called Garrad Waters. They were able to supply two or three different types.  I’ll see if I still have the information.

• 3 weeks later...

Another vote here for the interlocking floor tiles, I used garage pride. they weren't the cheapest but I wanted completely flat tiles at a certain depth

https://www.garagepride.co.uk/garage-flooring-tiles-interlocking.html

Really please with them and they're pretty much indestructible

28681428608_6df5ac52ca_k.jpgGarage floor comp by Jamie Milling,

Archived