litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Elise S2 (01), K series - Gearbox

Chraser

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Gearbox in a Lotus Elise S2 (01), K series is mounted in other Rover cars? I might need a new gearbox and that is the reason to the question. Problem with the reverse gear….

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Martin,

Many thanks for your reply as well. The previous owner upgraded the gear linkage, quick shifter and new gear cables back in 2016. 

I will consider looking into this! 

Kind regards
Mattias

Hi. 

All of the above i.e check the clips on the "abutment" near the linkage but also there is a limit screw at the front of the gear stick housing which needs to be set correctly.  The c clip under the gear lever can also foul on the left cable if its fitted incorrectly. A bit of tinkering may well save you the cost of a gearbox so worth it if you're that way inclined. And if it is a limit srew or some other part on the linkage is out or catching, a new box  isnt going to work either :wacko: so worth eliminating first. 

Cheers

Archived