Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hampy

Unit 4 Lotus Speacialist

Recommended Posts

Hi All, slightly confused, need to find a Lotus speacilaist near me. Been told Gav at Unit 4 in Burton is a good place to go to. But searching on line I have found two different speacialists in Burton on Trent? PJS sports cars at unit 4, Lancaster park, Needwood and Unit 4 prestige and general vehicles, Hawkins lane, Burton, both Lotus speacialists. Which one to visit? Surprised ther are 2 in such close proximity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hampy said:

Hi All, slightly confused, need to find a Lotus speacilaist near me. Been told Gav at Unit 4 in Burton is a good place to go to. But searching on line I have found two different speacialists in Burton on Trent? PJS sports cars at unit 4, Lancaster park, Needwood and Unit 4 prestige and general vehicles, Hawkins lane, Burton, both Lotus speacialists. Which one to visit? Surprised ther are 2 in such close proximity!

Hi hampy, pjs sportscars are a lotus approved service centre, without dealer prices. A free courtesy car. What are looking for? Tel paul shipley 01283 500428. He has all staff lotus trained. Louise (wife of paul)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always took my Elise to Gav at Unit 4. Brilliant not a bad word to say about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GAV is your man ( knows all things Lotus old and new) 

I can understand your confusion regarding the address ( you will see another thread relating to this when PJS set up ) 

Gav has been set up at Unit 4 for some years and ironically when PJS set up there business in close proximity they adopted the Unit 4 within there address 🤔

 

im sure PJS can offer a good service but so does GAV !! 

He didn’t offer a courtesy car but his customers travel miles to see him 

 

I hope this helps but GAV is the place to go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100 % Gav is the man. His attention to detail is second to none. I wouldn’t use anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely Gav at Unit 4 everytime. I had my old exige done at the main dealer once and everytime after was with Gav, wouldn't go anywhere else. 

I'm not saying the main dealer was bad but Gav pointed out a few things that perhaps may have been over looked and out them right. 

 

There's nowhere else as far as I know you can see your invoice on a 70" monitor and store your car over winter

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Both provide excellent service, you'll not be disappointed whichever you choose. Gav at Unit 4 is a well respected independent Lotus specialist, PJS sportscars are a similarly well respected Lotus approved service agent.

Edited by Phil S1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several Lotus service providers mentioned on MLOC 

all providing good service I’m sure 

But GAV is your man 

please let us all know which way you go ???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pjs sportscars were trading before gav set up, as pjs classic and racing cars. They purchased a second site which is unit 4, block 5.1.3 lancaster court needwood. For some reason some people on mloc seem to lock onto the unit 4 and it seems to create confusion for them only.

Pjs can provide servicing, warranty work, geometry set up, sales, run race teams and renovate classic cars for ground up restoration work.

One of there australian clients is coming from Singapore next week to see how his restoration is going. Pjs were recommended to him by lotus and the client shipped the car from new zealand to them.

As well as serving clients around the uk they also are recommended for work around the world.

GAV is your man ( knows all things Lotus old and new) 
I can understand your confusion regarding the address ( you will see another thread relating to this when PJS set up ) 
Gav has been set up at Unit 4 for some years and ironically when PJS set up there business in close proximity they adopted the Unit 4 within there address
 
im sure PJS can offer a good service but so does GAV !! 
He didn’t offer a courtesy car but his customers travel miles to see him 
 
I hope this helps but GAV is the place to go 


Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Louise Shipley said:

Pjs sportscars were trading before gav set up, as pjs classic and racing cars. They purchased a second site which is unit 4, block 5.1.3 lancaster court needwood. For some reason some people on mloc seem to lock onto the unit 4 and it seems to create confusion for them only.

Pjs can provide servicing, warranty work, geometry set up, sales, run race teams and renovate classic cars for ground up restoration work.

One of there australian clients is coming from Singapore next week to see how his restoration is going. Pjs were recommended to him by lotus and the client shipped the car from new zealand to them.

As well as serving clients around the uk they also are recommended for work around the world.
 

 


Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
 

 

Hi 

I appreciate the  comments and nobody I for one is doubting that PJS sports cars are renowned for there good service and reputation !!  I  see the PJS name regular on my travels and have never heard any negative comments regarding PJS .

However we are all entitled to our opinion and I only have experience with GAV @ Unit 4 and not PJS and for that reason I will express and promote his service wherever Asked as I am a very satisfied customer ! 

 if you are happy with something or a company or individual you would want others to share in your satisfaction 

Also I use GAV  from recommendation I can’t say I would travel from the other side of the world .. but I do travel a long way to use his services ( so that’s a credit to PJS) 

Although I can understand the confusion on MLOC  as GAV trades as Unit 4 

I hope this helps 

kind Regards 

Edited by cjwjames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the comments everyone. My confusion is now cleared up. I am sure both will give excellent service. #spoiltforchoice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark

Since discovering PJS and receiving excellent service I keep going back. 

No doubt Gav offers just as good a service but I’m a PJS fan after they have gone the extra mile for me.

Courtesy car makes things easy for me as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with everything said above. You can walk to the station from Gav's - not sure if you can do this from PJS.

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/07/2018 at 21:40, hartleyj said:

Agree with everything said above. You can walk to the station from Gav's - not sure if you can do this from PJS.

 

 

 

 

Only a ten minute walk eh Colin :crybaby:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use