litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

leaving lotus ..... for a while

IAN G

im not one for keeping my cars long and what may be a rush decision ive decided to part with my 20th anniversary elise

i looked at an s3 exige S but then ....

i test drove a bmw M2 and was blown away by the whole thing 

along with awesome car and a really good deal on the lotus i sealed the deal 😎

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stik said:

Give it a year and you'll be back :P   I did the same between this and the last Lotus, decided i wanted a grown-up's car and regretted it almost immediately

may be , the m2 unlike other bmw s is nt really a grown up car , in fact its an animal , ive never been a big bmw fan but the m2 is bmw s game changer

Why would you do that?!

Seriously though - I did the same earlier in the year and it’s been a great change. I’m sure I’ll be back in a lotus, but not for a while...

What’s the date for M2 in the peaks 😂

Oli

27 minutes ago, OL55 said:

Why would you do that?!

Seriously though - I did the same earlier in the year and it’s been a great change. I’m sure I’ll be back in a lotus, but not for a while...

What’s the date for M2 in the peaks 😂

Oli

have you got an m2 ?

8 hours ago, IAN G said:

may be , the m2 unlike other bmw s is nt really a grown up car , in fact its an animal , ive never been a big bmw fan but the m2 is bmw s game changer

Is it the competition pack?

As long as your are happy mate, no matter what brand of car you buy, the M2 is the best M car since the E30 M3 and happy motoring to you. Will miss you on our breakfast runs.

I quite like the M2. It's small, looks aggressive and no doubt a quality product with lots of kit. The one thing I REALLY dislike though is the stretch of the tyre sidewalls, particularly noticeable on the front tyres. It looks SO awful and I can't help thinking that (as I wouldn't get exclusive use of such a toy), the wheels would be kerbed in no time. If only tyres would go back to higher profiles with a bit of a bulge to the sidewalls. 

I'm sure the camaraderie on the M2 forums won't be a patch on MLOC, but this may not be a factor to you. Enjoy your purchase Ian, and we'll see you back before long.

1 hour ago, KurtB said:

I quite like the M2. It's small, looks aggressive and no doubt a quality product with lots of kit. The one thing I REALLY dislike though is the stretch of the tyre sidewalls, particularly noticeable on the front tyres. It looks SO awful and I can't help thinking that (as I wouldn't get exclusive use of such a toy), the wheels would be kerbed in no time. If only tyres would go back to higher profiles with a bit of a bulge to the sidewalls. 

I'm sure the camaraderie on the M2 forums won't be a patch on MLOC, but this may not be a factor to you. Enjoy your purchase Ian, and we'll see you back before long.

i know what you mean with the tyres , its a lot to do with the continentals that come on them oem , as part of the deal ive had a new set of michelin pilot super sports fitted for when i pick it up 

ive spoken to ray and the next rutland water run you do , ill meet up for breakfast😎

8 hours ago, AdamJ said:

Is it the competition pack?

no thats not out yet , its got full m performance pack though , lots of carbon fibre and exhaust system 

1 hour ago, IAN G said:

no thats not out yet , its got full m performance pack though , lots of carbon fibre and exhaust system 

I’ll be interested to have a look. You ought to tag along on a Rutland run, I did one with Ray in my M3

Life’s too short not to try different cars that you like.

i wanted to try an Evo and then returned to the fold. Then wanted to try a Caterham which I now have. 

jeffs your man to chat too about saloons, he can’t get enough of them :-) (in joke)

Archived