litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Gav Unit 4. Totally Lotus Content.

jonnyfox

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Kurts recent good service, I’m currently training Gav to use Sir and Mr in his approach instead of mate.

you certainly can’t fault his work and attention to detail. Your car is just ridiculous Jonny. Absolute beauty..

2 hours ago, Martin R said:

How are you going to run it in without getting it wet or dirty   lol.

I'm sure you've seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off....4 blocks of wood, wheels in the air and drive :D

2 hours ago, scatty said:

After Kurts recent good service, I’m currently training Gav to use Sir and Mr in his approach instead of mate.

you certainly can’t fault his work and attention to detail. Your car is just ridiculous Jonny. Absolute beauty..

Sometimes, just sometimes, I really regret posting stuff on Internet forums! 

I’m so pleased for you Jonny! It must be so satisfying to see it come to life. I echo the thoughts of others though, it’ll be dirty in no time, but don’t let that put you off using it!

Is that a 2bular exhaust tailpipe? I had one similar but it wasn’t square in the clam slot. Jim swapped it out for an oval pipe, and after a bit of fettling it fits a treat now. 

Im looking forward to seeing your car, are you still on for LiTP?

Honestly Kurt when the vid came through I had a smile from ear to ear mate. 

OE exhaust I believe, some sort of later upgrade with a decat.  I could be wrong. Lol if I am I'll be changing it :lol:

I can well imagine how pleased you were! You’re going to love driving it (as long as you’re not like me: “Ouch, that’s a stonechip”, “ that’s going to be expensive”, “Oh my, I’m killing this car, what about the value”?)

I got over all that, and now just drive it. I hope you do the same. See you at LiTP?

Now Kurt. Don't hate me BUT I'll likely garage Queen it and make it more perfect by the day and sell it or just sell it for someone else to do. AND then buy something I can drive lots. I guess it's a value thing. I have the R300 for track but I do miss "taking the Jag" on a warm day and as it stands maximising the value could be better all round. Then again who knows, 4 years is a long time. 

8 minutes ago, Dr H said:

How I miss the sound of a grumpy VHPD!

Well done mate.

Hopefully I'll be posting a similar video in the next 3-4 weeks........

So glad I beat you :lol:

Seriously though a few issues on mine kept yours at bay. Looking forward to yours starting up#alphav6B)

Well JOHNNY mate when we were at GAV’s ( MR GAV’s) the other day and had first sight of the car it’s awsome and a credit to you mate .. although as you spotted Scattys finger prints ( although he said he put gloves on and only hugged the tyres )  it is fantastic and fully understand your predicament with regards to driving it !!  

And you can’t go wrong with GAV’s magic he knows his stuff and more ( so honest ) the car could not be in better hands !!! 

fantastic JOHNNY as I said we will have a drink in Sutton soon to celebrate 

Regards 

Colin x 

Archived