litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sport 160 Seats

Austintaff

Hi All, as I’m useless with anything mechanical (no really!) I only have basic tools! (Or is that I’m only a basic tool!) Any chance of some assistance with taking mine out?

I really want to get them refurbished before Lotus in the Peak (as they are not in great shape and I’m embarrassed by them!)

I have tried to undo them but only have a small Allen key and can’t move the bolts. I really don’t want to do any damage!

I would take it to Gav’s but without seats I can’t drive it back and want to clean out the interior while they are out.

Any help greatfully rewarded (beers/tea/biccies etc).

Cheers in advance.

Taff.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Austintaff said:

Hi Dr H,

We are in Hucknall on outskirts of Linby / Papplewick not far from J27 of M1.

I’ve got the tools for the job to help but it’s finding the time to come across to you. I’m in Chesterfield so not too far and I know Papplewick. 

Hi Taff, I can't do anything today but could maybe get over to you first thing tomorrow morning if that helps? I'm between J28 and J29 so probably only about half an hour away. Have an assortment of tools and previous experience from my old Type 49 S1.

42 minutes ago, Austintaff said:

Hi All,

Thanks for offers.

Had to go to in laws in Macclesfield today but Im around all day tomorrow if anyone is around?

pm sent 

Hi All, cheers for the offers of assistance.

Phil S1 came to the rescue and we got them out on Sunday.  

Didnt expect the level of filth that was under them! But tub is at least now clean!

Archived