litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Farewell, but not goodbye.

scatty

Well, some of you may know, I’ve had a bit of an obsession with caterhams this past year, so I finally decided to take the plunge. You only live once in my view especially with cars. I’ve ended up getting an r400. 

Il be back in a lotus that’s for sure, it was just an itch that needed scratching. Hopefully il use it more than the lotus, that thing became too much of a garage queen and I hardly used it, I can’t explain why. 

Must thank jeff, Rozzer, luke and Alex for a years worth of guidance and support.. ha ha...

il give you a mini review of what it’s like living with one when I get her next week. 

What have I done !!!!!! :lol:

B9D5ACDA-F0FB-40C0-B01D-14009D4CE376.jpeg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you really have lost the plot AGAIN Scatty....what are you thinking? Not sure of your logic that an even more extreme rocketship with no roof is going to get more use than the Exige though B)

Having said that, it does look lovely.

Who's the lucky owner of your Exige?

Since I got my Caterham Academy the Exige hardly turns a wheel, Ltip and some charity dream rides. 

Caterham is great on track, not least because you can get parts should it get damaged. You will enjoy it on track, less sure about the road. I have never driven mine on the road and don’t really want to. 

Have fun, it should be cheap fun as well.  That power would scare me senseless. 

.... looking at the picture, you need a full cage, side bars, tillets, harnesses .... don’t get the impression that I am a safety freak. 

Keith

It’s a strange one Phil, but I honestly think il use it more, I can’t use it less that’s for sure. Time will tell. 

I hink any given opportunity (dry weather) il be out. I did 600 miles last year in the exige which is awfull. No idea why. 

I sold the exige to a lad who works near Gav, I don’t think he’s a forum type chap, but it may be spotted around I guess.

I  lasted a year when I last left the fold. Although I don’t think this is leaving the fold, it’s just a little side step..:drive:

What a handsome beast, and so’s the car! Good choice scatty, and as you say, you’re not really leaving, it’s a Lotus at heart. Now, don’t go anywhere just yet, we may need to put our keys in a bowl....

....just to try each other’s out, you understand :-)

Well mate 

I am sad to see you go but I’m sure you will be back 

I think you have hung around Rosser to much that’s why your car  became a garage queen !! 

Enjoy it mate and once you have learnt to drive it I will come and take a passenger ride with you ( now there is me putting my life in your hands ) 

best regards 

colin 

Congrats buddy... 

Glad I could help   I can't wait to see it at the weekend.  You will love it, there really isn't anything else that feels like a seven. Can't wait to get another.. 

It wasn't because of me... I heard his inspiration was that Unit 4 garage queen...  At least the storage fees are cheaper at home Scatty 

Archived