litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

DAY NOT COMPLETELY WASTED !

IAN G

was suppose to go on the rutland water run this morning but early on the weather did nt look so good so decided not to , an hour later the sun is out 😡

but decided not to waste my car day set about taking it to bits

seats out .......

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d imagine it’d be a bit more refined now. I put carpet in my old 111S and it was loads better on longer journeys. 

Mid this a kit or something you’ve knocked up yourself Ian? If the latter, how have you attached the carpet?

i brought the carpet and sound deadening from ebay for under £20 ! 

i used heat resistant spray adhesive to stick the carpet to the foam 

ive done a vw van in the past 

As much as I love my S1 Exige I do wear ear plugs most of the time, really good motor cyclist ones.  At my age I appreciate being able to hear radio 4 when driving,  then I remember, the radio hardly works. 

I have considered a bit of sound proofing on the floor.  Needs to be fully removable so no glue.  Let me know if you think it helps.

it has made quite a big difference to be honest , not only road noise but the seats dont rattle and squeak any more , even with 2bular and trd can honestly say in the cabin is quite refined ! for a lotus ! 

14 hours ago, winthattt said:

As much as I love my S1 Exige I do wear ear plugs most of the time, really good motor cyclist ones.  At my age I appreciate being able to hear radio 4 when driving,  then I remember, the radio hardly works. 

I have considered a bit of sound proofing on the floor.  Needs to be fully removable so no glue.  Let me know if you think it helps.

Radio 4 ! I thought I was the oldest in MLOC, but I've not got to Radio 4 age yet.

R4 has The Kitchen Cupboard with Jay Raynor and Gardeners Question Time which are great and of course Desert Island Discs which is great.

Eddy Mair on pm can get on my tits sometimes though;  too snarky.

Archived