litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Spa Historic 2018

KurtB

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Paul. I went to LMC in 2014 with the Exige, loved it and will return in 2020. Hopefully in the Exige if Lotus provide Option 1 with a wheelarch liner.... :-/

On 23/05/2018 at 10:17, KurtB said:

Thanks Paul. I went to LMC in 2014 with the Exige, loved it and will return in 2020. Hopefully in the Exige if Lotus provide Option 1 with a wheelarch liner.... :-/

We were there as well did the track laps on the Sat morning, the nice weather helped as well.

Sadly only made it back to Rouen though.

The alarm and immobiliser stopped talking to each other after filled with petrol. We had to get the train back to Paris then get the Eurostar back. It was quite an adventure when we look back on it but not one to repeat. By the time we got back home we had been up 30 hours.

Hope you get the car back for this weekend, there,s the breakfast run on Sunday if you are free.

• 1 month later...

Kurt

I recognise several of those cars from my trip last weekend to Le Mans Classic, the Elise S1 JPS did catch my eye. I will get round to posting some pics and video when I get a spare hour or 2!!

Is the Spa Classic every 2 years as well? Quite fancy that one as its a bit nearer.

Hi Foggy,

Spa Classic is an annual event and we’re going next year too. After that, we’ll alternate Le Mans and Spa. 

Its still a trek to Spa, but yes definitely a shorter trip. 

I really like the Euro trips, plenty to see and as long as you’re near the circuit, they’re very atmospheric. 

Looking forward to seeing your pics! 

I did the Le Mans classic this year as well. 

I would be interested in a trip to Spa next year if anyone wants to get together for a drive over.

Could get together at LITP on Sunday.

Yes likewise it was nice to have a chat. Funny how we all have the same ideas and must have just missed each other at Le Mans and Duxford with Kurt.

I will be interested in a trip to Spa as well we can get together and sort out a plan. 

Archived