litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Lotus Owner

KEVLOTUS

Hi Guys and just wanted to say hello from a new member. Unfortunately my 1st post is one for help and I know this information is sensitive and always suspicious from a newbie as a 1st post. I am also a member of the TVR Car club and the events organiser for the High Peak Nomads TVR car club. Past cars were the Chimaera and Tuscan Mk1. You can find me on Pistonheads KEVTVR. So finally got my 1st Lotus the Elise S2, 2001, and in my excitement I have locked the keys in the boot. Now the not so secret way of getting into the TVR boot is quite well known, but I have no idea with the Lotus. I know you cant give out this information on here but any help would be very much appreciated. I understand if you need to do any background checks on me....www.kevtownsendschoolofmotoring.co.uk    [email protected]  07816006271. If you search Pistonheads for "Thrills in the Hills" I am the organiser of that. I am already booked in for the Lotus in the Peaks event.

Hope someone can help, loving the car by the way...

Cheers

Kev

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MilesH said:

Pull out the black plastic grill in the boot lid and open the latch through the hole. Pain in the ass on a 111S but fine on a normal K :)

Hi that sounds easy enough.....but I don't seem to be able to just pull out the plastic grill. I am worried about pulling with too much pressure and breaking it ??

Kev I hope you get it sorted.  If you can't get in tonight I suggest ringing Gav at Unit 4 Vehicle services in Burton on Trent in the morning. 

By the way with your event organising skills we should hook up - I am on the LitP organising team and new ideas and experience are always welcome  😊

Dean

1 hour ago, DeanB said:

Btw a few of us are out filming at Buxton on Sunday - have you seen the thread?

Hi Dean can you point me to the thread.....cant find it.

Cheers

1 hour ago, KEVLOTUS said:

Many thanks and finally in.....wont be doing that ever again. I will check the thread now for Sunday

Cheers

Kev 

When you buy the new grills, dont glue them in just use the double sided tape. Yes i have been there and done it   lol.

Archived