litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Could you video the LITP Route starts

Elisemadray

Hi all you keen Video filmers, we are looking for people to film the |LITP Group run Starts from Ashbourne, Matlock Bath and Baslow also the groups arriving at Hassop station and the cavalcade into Rowsley peak Rail, for anyone interested in filming this has to be a great opportunity to film all the wonderful Lotus cars that will be on the runs, the idea is to give all on the runs a link to the Video's and then use them in a Promo for next year.

Please if your interested contact me ASAP

Many thanks

Ray

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ray, I'll probably have the GoPro mounted in the car for the Ashbourne run so can send you some in car footage if that helps, from during the run.  I can try to do a bit of some run groups leaving as well (as I presume the brisk groups will leave first).

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 06:44, MrWill said:

Similarly I'll have gopro footage from the Matlock run which I can put on a flash drive, and post off to you after the event :)

thanks MrWill that would be great.

Thanks

Ray

A bit of other good news  Derby Film Makers seem interested in filming LITP, this is a reponse I had from their secretary

Hi Ray, I'm Andrew, the secretary of DMM.  I've sent a note out to our active members to check who is interested in filming Lotus in the Peak.  I think I'm available that Sunday morning, and would like to come along.  I hope there will be others too and we will be able to produce a decent film.  I'll be in touch again soon when I have responses from the rest of the group.  Cheers, Andrew

fingers crossed, these guy's are amateurs but take it serious :)

• 1 month later...
On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:05, the DustRoom said:

I will have a number of cameras on and off my car at LITP, happy to share the footage.

Hi I hope you enjoyed this years event,  I certainly did  :) if you have any footage that you think we can add to the film we are trying to put together please let me know.

Thanks

Ray

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 06:44, MrWill said:

Similarly I'll have gopro footage from the Matlock run which I can put on a flash drive, and post off to you after the event :)

Hi, Well it was a great event hope you enjoyed it :)

did you manage to get any footage we maybe able to use on the film we are trying to put together?

Thanks in advance

Ray

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 20:34, Daveb99 said:

Ray, I'll probably have the GoPro mounted in the car for the Ashbourne run so can send you some in car footage if that helps, from during the run.  I can try to do a bit of some run groups leaving as well (as I presume the brisk groups will leave first).

Hi Dave Hope you and the family had a great day :)

did you manage to get any footage that may be able to be used?

Thanks

Ray

4 minutes ago, Elisemadray said:

Hi Dave Hope you and the family had a great day :)

did you manage to get any footage that may be able to be used?

Thanks

Ray

Hi Ray, had an excellent day thanks, all the hard work by everyone was well worth it.

I had the GoPro mounted on the top of the Exige and started it in Ashbourne Car Park, and the battery died after 1 hr 20 mins so got most of the run in, apart from the last 20 mins or so. I then changed the battery and did a walk around with it at Hassop, and also recorded the convoy from there to Rowsley - though this was very slow with lots of traffic!

I’ve only had a quick look at it on the GoPro so far, there is certainly lots of wind noise but with music dubbed over it it will be very good I think - it is 2.7k 50p footage so very detailed and smooth (Hero 6).  The suction mount was rock solid, for anyone considering one.

We are full on with working on the house move now so I definitely haven’t got time to edit it, but if you have a spare flash drive I guess I could copy it all into it for you? (I’m reluctant to post the original flash drive as it was really expensive - fast and high capacity!)

Let me know what you think.

Archived