litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

noisy !

IAN G

took car for a drive to test new 2bular exhaust , all ok , sounds nice not loud as i was expecting but will bed in no doubt 

i thought swapping the exhaust might muffle the rattley noise the engine makes ,do the all sound shite or is it just mine ???

its a 2zr 1.8 supercharged

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2ZR FE does sound a bit crap with std. exhaust but since swapping for a 2Bular I’ve not really noticed the engine sound any more...... I’m sure it will bed in a little, I think mine has but I have done 1 track day since fitting.

the exhaust sounds nice , just the engine noise is crap 

now its warmed up and cooled the tailpipes are nt sitting central in the diffuser ! have to sort it tomorrow ! 😬

40 minutes ago, IAN G said:

i might change the oil to 10w/60 see if that does any good

Ian if you like to drive the car hard and maybe on track put 0W- 30 in otherwise  for mixed driving put 5W-30,  10W-60 not the best with a supercharger. I have the same car/engine as you I don't get a rattlely noise that you describe I do get a nice supercharge Whistle and induction Whosh, if you do get to the Tick run next week we can compare incase theres something that needs looking into

1 hour ago, IAN G said:

the exhaust sounds nice , just the engine noise is crap 

now its warmed up and cooled the tailpipes are nt sitting central in the diffuser ! have to sort it tomorrow ! 😬

Some definitely sound worse than others! 

4 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

Ian if you like to drive the car hard and maybe on track put 0W- 30 in otherwise  for mixed driving put 5W-30,  10W-60 not the best with a supercharger. I have the same car/engine as you I don't get a rattlely noise that you describe I do get a nice supercharge Whistle and induction Whosh, if you do get to the Tick run next week we can compare incase theres something that needs looking into

that would be good ray , i should be at the meet all bring well 😎

Archived