litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Smash!

KurtB

Great stuff Kurt.  It looks great. Shame that they have done such a prestige job and let themselves down by tearing a stick. Whoever put that on would have know what they did.  

Anyhow, it is great it’s back with you.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased you have it all sorted Your Highness.  Looks great, but isn’t it about time Sir returned the pedal go kart courtesy car to Option One? B)

Stealing from ordinary folk is frowned upon in upper echelon circles, you haven’t even hidden it very well in the garage :lol:

4 hours ago, KurtB said:

Now my wife thinks it’s ok to leave the U as a battle scar, but I’m not convinced. It’s distorted too, but see what you think...

064B0D83-7CEF-4248-B5FA-EB195A706D3D.jpeg

Battle scar

something to talk about and livevto tell the tail when others point it out to you ( and it’s an easy fix anytime) 👌👍

Nice one Kurt - good to see her back in rude health!! :)

Yep still got the Exige, but only by the skin of the teeth - burglars decided to take the Jag rather than the Exige the other night.... 

The vinyl decal will simply peel off but, as it's only just been painted, I'd be inclined to leave it a couple of weeks or so to avoid marking the paint itself.

New decals usually come on low-tack carrier tape. To fit, make sure the area is fully clean then wet it (water with a drop - literally ONE drop - of ordinary household detergent) and carefully apply the decal, including the carrier backing. The water film will allow repositioning, unlike if you were to put it on dry.

Once it's positioned use an applicator tool to squeeze the excess water out, then remove the carrier.

8 hours ago, SimonE said:

Nice one Kurt - good to see her back in rude health!! :)

Yep still got the Exige, but only by the skin of the teeth - burglars decided to take the Jag rather than the Exige the other night.... 

Bloody Hell! Are you and the family OK? Jag insured/recovered/modern or classic? Scumbags....

Thanks for your kind words, leg pulling and advice folks, This forum is a damned good place to be. I've contacted Frank this evening and hope he comes good. I'm wanting the U replaced, I decided it'd bug the living bejesus out of me!

In better news, it drives exactly like it did before the accident, which suits me down to the ground. I went for a spirited drive last night on local roads and it really made me smile. It's amazing how much a car can get under your skin, play with your emotions and give so much elation. It's good to have it home! 

Right, so it's got Martin's LoT track day at the end of June, LiTP in July, now I've just got to keep it unbent in the meantime.....

Thank you all,

Kurt

• 5 weeks later...

There is an independent witness. I wrote a quick but snotty email back. The frustration is huge. I’ve said I’m not accepting 50/50. Still livid. 

Stick to your guns kurt, if your not at fault in any way ( and it seems clear you are not) wonder why they put "independent " in that manner in the letter ? . Seems an odd way to describe the witness? 

It really is very frustrating when through no fault or behaviour of your own you are massively inconvenienced, put through stress of arranging an adequate repair and then the insurers try and blame you !!! 

Tell 'em to FRO. What's the point of having insurance if your insurer is happy to roll over and admit fault?

Well I do know actually as a friend's wife works in the industry. They see a quick settlement at 50/50 easier and sometimes ultimately cheaper than fighting your corner. They just want to get it sorted as fast and painlessly as possible.

Years ago I had a claim like this and it eventually went to court. The other party decided not to turn up and was found at fault in their absence. Loads of wasted time and money to get the result that should have been very straightforward as they ran into the back of me whilst I was stopped at a red light!

Hope you get it sorted.

Archived