litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Smash!

KurtB

On 09/05/2018 at 23:02, DeanB said:

Great news Kurt.  It will come back better than before, have faith.

I expect you will need a Lotus fix pretty soon so get yourself and your helmet across to Blyton on Saturday for the Lotus on Track track day.  There are a few mlocers going - the usual suspects - so it will be a good craic and you are welcome to a passenger ride with me mate.

Oh, and don't forget to book LitP - we already have 3 s1 Exiges booked on 😁

3 S1 Exiges, I’m happy with that! Well mine should swell the numbers by one, and pending completion, I’ll get my ticket and raffle ticket next month. 

Frank is hopeful that I can coincide my return trip from the Spa Classic next weekend with collecting the Exige, it’d be really good to have that convenience. Saves booking and paying for a train trip which I’ll need to claim back through the third party insurance, who still haven’t claimed responsibility for the accident. I’ll still have to stump up my £350 excess though when I collect the car. 

That was a really nice offer Dean, thank you, and I’m sorry I didn’t take you up on it, but family time was really needed.

You’re so right about needing a Lotus fix though, I’m utterly desperate to get behind the wheel and give it some beans! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard from Frank at Option One today. He’s hopeful that Lotus will deliver a wheel arch liner by Friday and I can get my car back on Saturday! I’m keeping everything crossed! 

Unfortunately I won’t be able to do the afternoon of LiTP as I’ve just learned that we have to go to my sister in laws 25th wedding anniversary party. I’m gutted, but will definitely take part in one of the morning drives (as long as there are places left when I book, which I’ll only do if I get my car back)!

4 hours ago, KurtB said:

I heard from Frank at Option One today. He’s hopeful that Lotus will deliver a wheel arch liner by Friday and I can get my car back on Saturday! I’m keeping everything crossed! 

Unfortunately I won’t be able to do the afternoon of LiTP as I’ve just learned that we have to go to my sister in laws 25th wedding anniversary party. I’m gutted, but will definitely take part in one of the morning drives (as long as there are places left when I book, which I’ll only do if I get my car back)!

What time will you have to leave Kurt?

You should book now. I'll give you your money back if you can't make it  😊

21 minutes ago, DeanB said:

What time will you have to leave Kurt?

You should book now. I'll give you your money back if you can't make it  😊

Hi Dean,

I’ll have to leave at noon. I’ll get it paid later in that case. 

Thank you. 

Good news on the Exige front Kurt!

Will miss you at LiTP as it will be lunch before I arrive - travelling down from a jaunt up in the Scottish Borders in the morning :)

On 25/05/2018 at 13:09, SimonE said:

Good news on the Exige front Kurt!

Will miss you at LiTP as it will be lunch before I arrive - travelling down from a jaunt up in the Scottish Borders in the morning :)

Hahaaaaa, I assume you’ve still got your Exige then?!?!?!?

As it stands Simon I don’t have the car back yet, waiting on an arch liner (that’s currently with the couriers apparently) but keeping it all crossed for a collection next week. 

Your borders run will be good. Is that through LDC?

Woohoo, it’s ready!!!!!! I’ll collect it on Friday. If you spot the Exige going from Bromsgrove to Lincoln, driven by a guy with a cheesy grin, give me a wave. Photos to follow...

11 minutes ago, KurtB said:

Woohoo, it’s ready!!!!!! I’ll collect it on Friday. If you spot the Exige going from Bromsgrove to Lincoln, driven by a guy with a cheesy grin, give me a wave. Photos to follow...

Fantastic news Kurt :) 

21 hours ago, KurtB said:

Great news !! 

You wont be disappointed 

will listen out for you driving by 👍

Archived