litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Geo - where?

Daveb99

Thinking of getting the Geo on the Exige changed to the Sport 350 settings - most owners seem to think its a noticeable improvement for fast road.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get it done?   I’m thinking maybe Dan at HPE, since it isn’t too far from where I work, any other recommendations?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thinking of getting the Geo on the Exige changed to the Sport 350 settings - most owners seem to think its a noticeable improvement for fast road.
Can anyone recommend a good place to get it done?   I’m thinking maybe Dan at HPE, since it isn’t too far from where I work, any other recommendations?
Hi dave, pjs sportscars tel 01283 500428 ask for paul free courtesy car or wait with your car de13 9sd

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Can recommend Alan S1 on here.  He seems really knowledgeable.  Looks after a competitive Elise that is doing very well, so for me that says a lot!  

16 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Lots of good recommemdations above Dave but I would urge a note of caution - who are these owners that find 'a noticeable improvement for fast road use"? - because in my experience a lot of people talk nonsense about such things. I would go with the settings the Lotus ride and handling engineers recommended for your car - they have an excellent reputation after all.

It's worth checking yours isn't out though. PJS were doing free geometry checks on their state-of-the-art rig, so it might be worth asking them if they still are.

22 minutes ago, DeanB said:

Lots of good recommemdations above Dave but I would urge a note of caution - who are these owners that find 'a noticeable improvement for fast road use"? - because in my experience a lot of people talk nonsense about such things. I would go with the settings the Lotus ride and handling engineers recommended for your car - they have an excellent reputation after all.

It's worth checking yours isn't out though. PJS were doing free geometry checks on their state-of-the-art rig, so it might be worth asking them if they still are.

Cheers Dean, lots of V6 owners on TLF have had the Sport 350 Geo done.  It seems Lotus improved it for the 350 to dial out a little understeer mainly.

Lots of discussion on it here:  https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/89770-exige-sport-350-geo-settings-in-degrees-decimal-degrees-minutes-mm/

I don’t intend to rush into it - the Roadster has slightly different settings from the V6, partly to compensate for the lack of spoiler I believe.   Whatever I do (if anything) it will be well researched!

Thanks for the tip re PJS though - I may give them a shout.  There’s nothing noticeably wrong with mine as it is, but I’m always game if there are slight improvements to be had.

Thanks for all the other replies too..

Cheers Dean, lots of V6 owners on TLF have had the Sport 350 Geo done.  It seems Lotus improved it for the 350 to dial out a little understeer mainly.
Lots of discussion on it here:  https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/89770-exige-sport-350-geo-settings-in-degrees-decimal-degrees-minutes-mm/
I don’t intend to rush into it - the Roadster has slightly different settings from the V6, partly to compensate for the lack of spoiler I believe.   Whatever I do (if anything) it will be well researched!
Thanks for the tip re PJS though - I may give them a shout.  There’s nothing noticeably wrong with mine as it is, but I’m always game if there are slight improvements to be had.
Thanks for all the other replies too..

I pulled all bar one camber shim out on the front of my 350 and still killed the outer edges on the tyres. The 350 setup is still pretty benign out of the factory .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave - I am guessing that you are never going to go on track in your V6? I also very much doubt that you will ever really get to the limit of the car on the road either?

With this in mind i would be tempted to leave the car as is, that is unless you are currently really unhappy with it? Adjusting any car set up from factory will effect the day to day driving. Some people do not mind this, but others might. The car will be set up from factory to give you the best and safest road experience in Lotus engineers eye's. (So with understeer biased)

Yes you can dial this out as much as you want to a certain degree, but then it will be completely different car on our wonderful perfect roads and potentially will not seem such a pleasure to drive at normal speeds. (tram lining etc).

1 hour ago, AlanS1 said:

Dave - I am guessing that you are never going to go on track in your V6? I also very much doubt that you will ever really get to the limit of the car on the road either?

With this in mind i would be tempted to leave the car as is, that is unless you are currently really unhappy with it? Adjusting any car set up from factory will effect the day to day driving. Some people do not mind this, but others might. The car will be set up from factory to give you the best and safest road experience in Lotus engineers eye's. (So with understeer biased)

Yes you can dial this out as much as you want to a certain degree, but then it will be completely different car on our wonderful perfect roads and potentially will not seem such a pleasure to drive at normal speeds. (tram lining etc).

Hi Al - thanks for the advice mate. I wouldn’t say never, currently I have no TD’s included on my insurance but I do loosely have plans to potentially track it next year.   That isn’t the reason I thought about the Geo, I simply thought that as the Sport 350 settings are essentially an ‘update’ on what is otherwise the same setup as the S, it would be worth looking into.

I think you’re right about reaching the limits on the road in a V6 - not much chance of that I guess..

Being a Roadster it has different geo to the V6 Coupe, so perhaps altering it to the factory 350 settings wouldn’t be the right thing to do - it would have to be a mixture of the 350 updates, but retaining the Roadster bits, if that makes sense.   I think based on the replies here I may leave it as is, and simply get it checked against the standard Roadster settings somewhere like PJS or at Dan’s.   There’s nothing wrong with the way it drives, I simply wanted to make sure it is as per spec and perhaps take the opportunity to apply the newer settings.

Good luck at the weekend mate - it’s my daughter’s birthday on Sunday, otherwise I’d have come up to Donno to watch and support you guys.

Archived