litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Done it!! Bought another Exige :) :) :)

M@r]{

Picked this up today.  I'm soooo happy with it.  Looks so much better in the flesh that the pictures.  It fits the bill perfectly for me.  I was hesitant over an S2 as ideally I wanted something over 300bhp, but the gearbox's aren't up to it.  However this has the Jubu gear set fitted so that's that issue sorted  :)   The GT3 clams tick the "want something different" tick box.  And being a Cat D it meant it was cheaper than most so less of a worry about hammering it around track  (it will play on my mind ragging a £40k+ car round track, I found that out when I took the F-Type to Silverstone last month)   The Cat D bit doesnt bother me, by all accounts its been really well repaired and the build great. Certainly not skimped on the pennies.  Interior re-trimmed in alcantara is a nice touch too, feels more special than my last Exige.

How quick is it compared to that?  Not a clue  :D  It was snowy/icy on the test drive so no opportunity to open it up.  Hopefully I'll get a chance this week, if not I certainly will at Rockingham on Saturday  :)

Anyway, feels so good to have a Lotus in the garage again.  Its my 5th one, always end up coming back, nothing compares to the drive of them.  And at least now when we do our Peaks runs I won't be bringing down the tone of the convoy anymore.

IMG_8137.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Money burning hole in pocket = rushed decision? Out of the two I’d of bought the WillB car but if we were all the same it would be boring. I’d worry when time to sell comes but hey ho we only live once. Good luck with it and enjoy 😊 any chance you can tone down that spoiler 🤷🏼‍♀️

Mark it looks gnarly mate. It suits you.

I can't figure you out with spoilers on exiges though - you go from none to a full on motorsport one!

Can we have more pics please?

I just wasn’t feeling Will’s car.  Just couldn’t get over that money considering that it’s a 2003 Elise and it needs another £1500 spent on seats.  I also had my heart set on the newer style front clam.  

At least this one is an Exige with the engine they were designed to have.  The main thing, it looks different.  And also it was considerably less money!  It’s one down side is the CatD status.  But it’s reflected in the price and will be when I come to sell.  Everyone said the V-Storm would take a long time to sell.  Took two days.  Just need a decent ad, pictures and the right timing, ie that one person :)

As for the spoiler, I probably will do something, but actually in person from the right angles it’s ok.  So I’ll keep my eye out for alternatives, but not in a massive rush.

2 minutes ago, DeanB said:

Mark it looks gnarly mate. It suits you.

I can't figure you out with spoilers on exiges though - you go from none to a full on motorsport one!

Can we have more pics please?

I took the spoiler off my old one as I wanted it too look a little different :)  

i quite like the idea of a the same style spoiler that is on the later S2Exige but just a little more extreme, bigger.  Needs to balance out with the big front splitter and the rear diffuser. 

17 hours ago, M@r]{ said:

I took the spoiler off my old one as I wanted it too look a little different :)  

i quite like the idea of a the same style spoiler that is on the later S2Exige but just a little more extreme, bigger.  Needs to balance out with the big front splitter and the rear diffuser. 

The factory produce GT3 uses the My10 style spoiler 👍🏻

Lovey looking car Mark.

it was up for sale about this time last year in Nottingham had planned on going for a look but decided it was a little too Aggressive for me.

Considering what that purple hippo is up to; I wasn't at all disappointed or surprised in the choice of car.  Subtle. Low key. nothing too loud... :rolleyes:.  Looks brilliant. Can't wait to see it at LitP

On 3/19/2018 at 15:50, Alex B said:

The factory produce GT3 uses the My10 style spoiler 👍🏻

Lovey looking car Mark.

it was up for sale about this time last year in Nottingham had planned on going for a look but decided it was a little too Aggressive for me.

Yes I remember as I saw it when I ended up buying the V-Storm

Archived