litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track suspension setup

robinchild

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was anywhere in the rugby area that could do a suspension geo setup for track use, not for my elise but for a mk3 mx5, fitted springs, shocks and AD08r tires last year and although it lapped a lot quicker it under-steered way to much, was thinking of increasing front camber and reducing the rear but it would be guess work and I would rather get someone who knows what they are doing to set it up.

thanks in advance

Rob

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve is great.  If you know what you want, he'll set you up with whatever you want.  If you're not sure, he can talk you through what changes have what effect.

He is TVR / Elise-based though, so might not be fully up-to-speed with how much toe / camber / etc, is needed with an MX5.

I second Deans recommendation. 

Rob is a previous MX5 champion himself and still runs MX5's. He will probably help you understand how to get the best out of it as well. 

5 hours ago, AlanS1 said:

I second Deans recommendation. 

Rob is a previous MX5 champion himself and still runs MX5's. He will probably help you understand how to get the best out of it as well. 

A very good point

Hi Robin, Centre Gravity were always the place to go when I was into MX5's and they have set up many hundreds by now no doubt.

So I'd veer towards them or Rob Boston.

• 1 month later...

Archived