litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Beginning of the end

Jonathan E

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s true, but over the last 18 months there have been numerous arrests relating to the “evo triangle” and some very serious penalties dispensed so I thought with summer hopefully coming it would be worth pointing out that there may be a heavier than usual police presence. It’s somthing of a magnet to petrolheads.

I've not been for 4-5 years and always found it busy back then, cant imagine whats it's like these days, It's a nice bit of road with a decent tea and cake stop near the lake, However I think it's a little over rated IMO. 

Easy cash-cow for local BIB :cop:

The big issue here is that how the police choose to prosecute people driving too fast on public roads is gradually changing along with society's attitudes.

What once would have been prosecuted as 'merely' speeding may now be prosecuted as dangerous driving - and it is very likely to be so if there is an accident. Dangerous driving can often mean prison, it carries a minimum 1 year ban, means a criminal record, etc

Archived