litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Dash Gauge Mount

Unkle

I like the one that goes where the light goes, but sadly and god only knows why, they made them for 50mm gauges, i.e. only the one's you can buy with it, the gap between looks too small to do much with it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/13/2018 at 18:32, Mutley00 said:

Elise Parts sell this chappie > https://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/88/859/twin-gauge-pod/

Have you tried any main dealers? This fitting is standard on the Sport 190. I wondered if it was a stock item. You could always try Lotus Motorsport but last time I tried, Lotus were rather 'vague' as to whether they existed anymore.

IMG_0374.JPG

Like that, just not the ideal place for gauges but I may have to go there.

16 hours ago, Unkle said:

I like the one that goes where the light goes, but sadly and god only knows why, they made them for 50mm gauges, i.e. only the one's you can buy with it, the gap between looks too small to do much with it.

Not sure I understand the issue with 50mm gauges ?  Plenty of choice of different gauges and manufacturers, so you're not stuck with the EP ones.  Not that there's anything wrong with the EP ones - I was using that set-up until I did the Audi conversion and wanted more gauges.

Gauges tend to be made for a 52mm hole, doesn't sound much but thats 4mm and I'm not convinced you'd get them in as the gap between the two holes is tiny. I did ask elise parts but he wasn't able to confirm if they could.

Shame as it's a really neat solution.

When I questioned above, I was meaning the difference between ~50mm (as you say, 52mm) and the other common size (76mm I think).

I've just dismantled the EP gauge pod I have here and the holes are 52mm not 50.  Also, the rims are fairly chunky and there's still 2mm between the gauge surrounds.  The gauges supplied by EP are made by CAI, who also make Smiths gauges.

Gauges tend to be made for a 52mm hole, doesn't sound much but thats 4mm and I'm not convinced you'd get them in as the gap between the two holes is tiny. I did ask elise parts but he wasn't able to confirm if they could.

Shame as it's a really neat solution.

It was sold with smith telemetrix which the std size. I took it apart and put it on a standard iso carrier

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/telemetrix-oil-pressure-gauge-mechanical-7-bar-cbt-op-07

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived