litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Door waist seals - any interest?

Foxy

I'm looking in to getting door waist seals made up (S2/S3). These new ones will have stainless steel 'inners' so won't corrode like the standard ones (if you can find them!).

Does anyone have any old seals that we can use for evaluation and chopping apart?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Foxy said:

I'm looking in to getting door waist seals made up (S2/S3). These new ones will have stainless steel 'inners' so won't corrode like the standard ones (if you can find them!).

Does anyone have any old seals that we can use for evaluation and chopping apart?

I was looking at finding somebody to fabricate some. I'm sure if a fabricator can be found and a bulk order made, it'd be profit for the person willing to take time out to do the leg work, and hopefully a huge saving for those needing some. I certainly need some for mine.

Get a 500-1000 units made and get them priced for £100 a pair and they'd sell like hot cakes.

I'd even consider helping finance a bulk order as I'm pretty confident they'd sell.

Will watch this with interest. 

1 hour ago, MilesH said:

I assume these are the ones on the top of the doors?

Are the S1 and S2 seals the same?

Different.

Waist seals are the rubber strips that run along the window glass.

On 26/02/2018 at 14:44, Foxy said:

I was looking at finding somebody to fabricate some. I'm sure if a fabricator can be found and a bulk order made, it'd be profit for the person willing to take time out to do the leg work, and hopefully a huge saving for those needing some. I certainly need some for mine.

Get a 500-1000 units made and get then priced for £100 a pair and they'd sell like hot cakes.

Will watch this with interest. 

2 hours ago, DeanB said:

I need some of these for mine.

Are the oem ones hideously expensive or something?

Yes. Stupid prices.. Also drivers side on back order now. It's a complete joke and someone astute enough can fill the gap in the market and make some good money/improve the product (stainless steel inner) and still likely save the customers a great deal of money if a large enough order is made. Honestly can see hundreds if not thousands of customers awaiting some at a reasonable rate. 

Just FYI it is currently about £240 a pair to purchase some. 

Archived