litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So what's everyone up to with their Lotus just now?

Phil S1

Hey buddy yeah all good mate.

the phosphor bronze cups are little cups that the inner trackrod (lives in the gator that the trackrod end bolts to) has originally acetal cups in.

the bronze ones are an upgrade to stop them wearing/breaking as one of mine did!

2E272C1F-C424-4C98-8DF9-23D03AC01989.jpeg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m using my Exige as a daily this week, while my MINI Cooper S wheels are away being refurbished. I really should have chosen a less corrosive period. Harrumph...

2 hours ago, KurtB said:

I’m using my Exige as a daily this week, while my MINI Cooper S wheels are away being refurbished. I really should have chosen a less corrosive period. Harrumph...

Although not the ideal time of the year it will be an enjoyable Kurt :drive:

On 6 February 2018 at 07:49, @ndy said:

Although not the ideal time of the year it will be an enjoyable Kurt :drive:

I'll give you that Andy! It'll be getting a thorough hosing down on Saturday though! 

So the upgrades have started on my Elise already having only had it since November..... Replaced pads in Dec with some RC5+ on the front and RC6 on the rear, Car now stops as it should :tup:

Then this week I upgraded the engine mounts with some Yellow Poweflex along with another fantastic exhaust from Mr Valentine, aka 2bular, now it sounds as it should have when it left the factory :clap:

S Cup 2bular.JPG

Rear engine mount.JPG

Front engine mount.JPG

On 08/02/2018 at 21:30, @ndy said:

So the upgrades have started on my Elise already having only had it since November..... Replaced pads in Dec with some RC5+ on the front and RC6 on the rear, Car now stops as it should :tup:

Then this week I upgraded the engine mounts with some Yellow Poweflex along with another fantastic exhaust from Mr Valentine, aka 2bular, now it sounds as it should have when it left the factory :clap:

S Cup 2bular.JPG

Rear engine mount.JPG

Front engine mount.JPG

Nice work Andy!

4 minutes ago, Martin R said:

Just about to try some CL RC8 on the rear of mine. At the moment i run RC6 all round and my word do they stop the car. A bit more on the rear will do no harm though hopefully.  😁

Looking forward to hearing your thought about this setup..... I used to run RC5 all round on the S1 but changed to RC5 F and RC6 R, you can definitely notice additional braking on the rear, I presume your setup takes in to the next level :tup:

33 minutes ago, @ndy said:

Looking forward to hearing your thought about this setup..... I used to run RC5 all round on the S1 but changed to RC5 F and RC6 R, you can definitely notice additional braking on the rear, I presume your setup takes in to the next level :tup:

Hope so or i will be disappearing into the undergrowth. I can try it at Bedford before the first sprint.

Here’s what the Exige has been up to.......yes, I have actually got it properly dirty - thought I’d better post on here to make sure you all believe me..

Bloody brilliant car - it’s immense :)

Met with Paul a couple of weeks ago and we went for a Sunday morning blast, took a few piccies....

699745E4-959B-41B3-9157-D321501AF693.jpeg

5F793279-8A2E-4273-95A1-EEB089B2EE7F.jpeg

CA89DA93-7AA6-4244-8D9B-3EDDC882954F.jpeg

4119AC94-68ED-4334-B9E6-5DA0796BD8A8.jpeg

BEF76D2D-47D7-4F47-A3DC-EB328C53BE18.jpeg

A09ABCB3-C8BE-45E5-BD2D-D284CDBF2960.jpeg

Archived